2012 NR tag quotas?

thepenquin

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-13 AT 06:12PM (MST)[p]I'm trying to figure out the point creep thing for a couple of deer units. I cannot find the quotas for nonresidents last year in the stats? In the recaps it breaks down the number of applicants per points they have but not how many tags went into the draw?

I found the report that gives points needed for residents and non residents, but i would like to narrow it down a little more. I know the hunt odds that use to be on this site had it, but that's gone. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bottom right hand corner of page 3 in 2013 regs.
If a unit takes 6 or more points for a res to draw then Non Res allocation is up to %20
If a unit takes less than 6 for a res the non res allocation is up to 35%.
On the CPW web page in statistics go to the ?Hunt recap? once there you can do the math
Yourself. Once you have the percentage for the unit you can count down the non res points to determine where the draw/ no draw # was for last year. I have checked hunterstrailhead the old free info here and they are accurate.

Just to add one more comment, there's no need to attempt to calculate the number of NR vs Res who drew a particular tag. These numbers are listed for every hunt code, on the Drawing Summary pages:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCol...BigGame/Statistics/Elk/2012ElkDrawSummary.pdf

Calculating based on the 65/35 or 80/20 split could give false results, since NR are not guaranteed any elk/deer tags. In some units they get few or none, due to PP status.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom