2013 Gila Video

wapitiwhistler

As much as we all love to tag a bull and fill the freezer, more often then not it doesn't happen. NMELKTROUT and I had one of those hunts on the 2nd rifle tag this year. It takes a hunt or two like this to remind us how fortunate we are when we do end up tagging one!! Couldn't ask for anything more....

http://youtu.be/a9lAkWE1twI

That was friggin GREAT!These guys have it right!
I just had a cow hunt with my little girl, it was her first and tho we saw elk every day , just couldn't put things together in her range and she never pulled the trigger. I told my little girl that an elks sole purpose is to survive , 24/7 365 every single day and night of it's life they deal with predators like wolves, coyotes, lions and bear and no where on that list was my name. We enjoy the great outdoors , the beauty of it all , great food and share it with great people and we can only hope to return home safe to our families....To tag an animal is simply bonus...At that my daughter Lawren said , I know dad,I had so much fun just spending time with you....Her 1st ever elk hunt ~ SUCCESS!

Rio, thanks for the compliments. You are to be commended for taking your daughter hunting AND getting someone so young to appreciate what hunting is really about. Awesome on all counts and I hope you both hunt together for many seasons in the future.

-Cody

>That was friggin GREAT!These guys have
>it right!
> I just had a cow
>hunt with my little girl,
>it was her first and
>tho we saw elk every
>day , just couldn't put
>things together in her range
>and she never pulled the
>trigger. I told my little
>girl that an elks sole
>purpose is to survive ,
>24/7 365 every single day
>and night of it's life
>they deal with predators like
>wolves, coyotes, lions and bear
>and no where on that
>list was my name. We
>enjoy the great outdoors ,
>the beauty of it all
>, great food and share
>it with great people and
>we can only hope to
>return home safe to our
>families....To tag an animal is
>simply bonus...At that my daughter
>Lawren said , I know
>dad,I had so much fun
>just spending time with you....Her
>1st ever elk hunt ~
>SUCCESS!

http://themeateater.com/
www.streamflies.com

Cool video man. Personally I'm glad you didn't kill those small bulls. I wouldn't give anybody grief for killing any legal animal but I wish they would make all of the 16's some type of a trophy hunt and put a 6x6 point limit on the tags. I would be willing to pay triple the current fee if they did something like that. Everyone has their own opnions and that's just mine.

Keep doing what you do. I'm not here to tell anyone how to hunt.

What type of camera were you using. Awesome quality video.

That setup above the water looked like it was a Super area for finding a Big Bull, Like you said it hunting and next time you sit on that water you can have 3 Big bulls walk in sometimes it just a roll of the dice. Very nice Video.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom