2015 buck

Coloradoboy

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-16 AT 08:10PM (MST)[p]Been slow around here lately so I figured I'd share my buck from this is past fall. Was a tough hunt overall. I screwed up on a great buck early on in the hunt but was fortunate to take this heavy horned old warrior on the 8th day of a 9 day hunt. For a 2nd season, second choice tag I couldn't be happier.

7242image.jpg

2376image.jpg

Coloradoboy

congrats, that is a great buck! Did you get my last PM about if the bull had a sticker off his G4?

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>congrats, that is a great buck!
>Did you get my last
>PM about if the bull
>had a sticker off his
>G4?
>
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>

No he doesn't have a kicker. Sorry I didn't respond sooner haven't checked my PM inbox in ages. Send me your contact info and I'll shoot you some pictures. I was solo and disappointingly enough didn't get the field photos the bull deserved. One of the toughest packouts of my life though.

Nice buck coloradoboy! Did you post a thread about yer bull and I missed it?

No I haven't. I've been low key on monstermuleys over the past few years since the childish things I did. I've focused my efforts more towards growing up, starting a career and a wife more so than sharing my hunting endeavors on the WWW like I used to. This is the first animal I've shared in sometime.

Coloradoboy

Well said, young man.

Truth be told, we've all done stupid stuff when we were young. I've followed your posts with interest and wrote off the silly mistakes but never wrote you off. I figured you just needed a few more years under your belt and you would be just fine. I could tell you had the love of the outdoors and the hunt and your good character would eventually win the day. Hope to meet you on the west slope some day.

Good for you.

>>congrats, that is a great buck!
>>Did you get my last
>>PM about if the bull
>>had a sticker off his
>>G4?
>>
>>Mntman
>>
>>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>>
>
>
>No he doesn't have a kicker.
>Sorry I didn't respond sooner
>haven't checked my PM inbox
>in ages. Send me your
>contact info and I'll shoot
>you some pictures. I was
>solo and disappointingly enough didn't
>get the field photos the
>bull deserved. One of the
>toughest packouts of my life
>though.

No worries, was just curious if it was the one I had seen in the summer during velvet.
PM'd you my email.
Congrats again!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>No I haven't. I've been low
>key on monstermuleys over the
>past few years since the
>childish things I did. I've
>focused my efforts more towards
>growing up, starting a career
>and a wife more so
>than sharing my hunting endeavors
>on the WWW like I
>used to. This is the
>first animal I've shared in
>sometime.
>
>Coloradoboy

We were all young and dumb ar one point in our lives coloradoboy. If somebody's still holdin a grudge from somethin that was said on an Internet forum from a couple years ago, fugh em! Welcome back! Now post up that bull with pics and story!

COboy,

Nice heavy buck. Looks like you got a little second season snow, which isn't all that common.

Your passion for hunting has always been noted by many, and eventually we all learn how to temper it in a positive way. You may not remember but even back then your advice helped lead me to a dandy CO buck!
Congrats and thanks for sharing.

I have exchanged a few PM's with Cole over the years, he has the same passion many of us do. Hes a good guy in my book.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-16 AT 04:02PM (MST)[p]Yessir paddoc,Ol 300 RUM does well on deer. Thanks guys. Hope to see ya on the mountain someday.

Coloradoboy

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom