2016 Tag ##'s

More of the same?
Really?
4,400 more general season deer tags over last year.
108 more limited entry deer tags over last year
700 more any bull general tags over last year
I'm thinking, things are looking really good at having another successful year in 2016.

There's always next year

Yes----

Pretty much the same for my LE Elk choice and my D-Ram choice.

I don't do Gen deer until the leftover list-- if any---

I do the Unlimited bow elk---

So yes pretty much the same....

Robb

Interesting that no bighorn sheep tag reductions on the Bookcliffs South and Stansbury.
There will be some very disappointed hunters when they can't find any sheep.

RE: Cow moose tags, really???

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-16 AT 04:00PM (MST)[p]This makes absolutely no sense to me at all! For how many years it has been so "doom and gloom" regarding the UT moose heard and now they suggesting that 20 cows be removed between two units that only had 3 public bull tags each last year...?!! What part of that seems right? If there are so many moose on the unit why haven't we seen the increase in bull tags? Obviously the costs are outrageously more expensive to relocate animals than harvest them but why not transplant these cows to other units in the state (not other states) where moose numbers are declining?

KSL posted an article about the changes as well.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39019385&nid=1288

7262minionsboss.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself and had to post it here too.

RE: Cow moose tags, really???

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-16
>AT 04:00?PM (MST)

>
>This makes absolutely no sense to
>me at all! For
>how many years it has
>been so "doom and gloom"
>regarding the UT moose heard
>and now they suggesting that
>20 cows be removed between
>two units that only had
>3 public bull tags each
>last year...?!! What part
>of that seems right?
>If there are so many
>moose on the unit why
>haven't we seen the increase
>in bull tags? Obviously
>the costs are outrageously more
>expensive to relocate animals than
>harvest them but why not
>transplant these cows to other
>units in the state (not
>other states) where moose numbers
>are declining?

These are my thoughts exactly. As a hunter I never want to take away a hunt, but we really should be thinking about what is best for the moose population. They are struggling and I would hope the biologists and DWR would consider moving these cows.

It did not cost too much when we decided to give dozens of moose to colorado for turkeys!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom