2021 Hunt Stats published

Bloody hell...someone botched what should have been a simple copy and paste. I found the bonus point doc for Elk Antlered - Any Legal Weapon, 2021. NDOW needs to send me a case of spam and carton of Mac and cheese.

More broken links! Man...here are the docs:

Elk Antlerless Archery: https://www.ndow.org/wp-content/upl...ry-Bonus-Point-and-Application-Trend-2021.pdf

Elk Antlerless Muzzleloader: https://www.ndow.org/wp-content/upl...er-Bonus-Point-and-Application-Trend-2021.pdf

I haven't found anything published about the FCFS system. Would be nice if they did a publication on those stats.

That poor guy going for area 22 first choice for ALW Bull Elk with 27 points not getting it. Next closest was 19 points.

Wow, 041-42 success rate went from 48% down to 15% for ALW resident mule deer. Only 25 tags so maybe those that drew didn't hunt much or very hard, but huge drop off regardless.

Every year I think my two decades of points are going to get me a tag...then I look at the odds! Sheesh!
I'm the same way. I've drawn exactly 4 tags since 2003 in Nevada, several of those years I was a resident with a ton of points. Can't lose that optimism, despite what the odds tell me!

Never realized how lucky I was in the past. Since they started reporting choices 1 through 5 on the stats, I've had a reality check. Since 2002, 3 mule deer tags, an antelope tag and 2 elk tags. All as a non-resident.

The number of new applicants far exceeds the number of tags issued to nonres. I'm starting to wonder if it is really worth waiting for one of the top tier units? Always good to go into the drawing with a positive attitude but it's tougher and tougher to stay positive as odds slide!

The number of new applicants far exceeds the number of tags issued to nonres. I'm starting to wonder if it is really worth waiting for one of the top tier units? Always good to go into the drawing with a positive attitude but it's tougher and tougher to stay positive as odds slide!
stick to Wyoming..

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom