2023 antlerless draw odds

You Shouldn't Be Hunting/Killing a Doe Of Any Species In This State!

You're More of a Hunter Than That!
You’re correct. The division shouldn’t have given out any doe tags for any species this year. But in true DWR style, they decided to offer a few permits regardless of the herd health or situation. Since they did give a few out….. if you can’t beat them, join them! Someone’s gonna shoot them. Might as well be me (you, them, etc…)! Kinda like the fall turkey hunt. I don’t agree with it and wish they’d stop that hunt all together. But if someone’s gonna shoot them, might as well participate and enjoy the opportunity That is offered.

I wish they’d have cut some cow tags in a few areas too. Instead, they doubled them. I guess I’ll have to partake in that fun as well.

Don’t fault a guy for getting permits that are offered. It’s ok to disagree with the hunt and permit numbers. But you can’t be upset with the individual who chooses to participate in that hunt.

It’s always interesting to see people want more opportunities to go hunting, but get mad about opportunities that are offered.

It’s always interesting to see people want more opportunities to go hunting, but get mad about opportunities that are offered.

You’ve got old Whoopi confused with someone else. He doesn’t want anyone but him to have opportunity. He’d prefer one tag issued across the state only. But of course, it has to go to him!

Last edited:
You Shouldn't Be Hunting/Killing a Doe Of Any Species In This State!

You're More of a Hunter Than That!
Doe deer taste perty good Bess. I shot my first last year. Been good. Someone was gonna get that tag, might as well be someone who will use it and appreciate the meat. My 2 and 4 year old daughters are growing up eating mostly wild game and love it. It’s not my fault people along the front don’t like the deer In their yards. If I was king I would tell them to piss off and deal with it but that’s not in the cards.

And There's The ATTITUDE!

F'It!

Somebody Is Gonna Kill The Baby-Makers,Might As Well Be Me!

I Won't Be In That Orange Crowd!

And This Ones Directed at THE KING:

Read Post # 9!

Then Read It Again!

Then Read It Till It Sinks In!

F'It!

And This Ones Directed at THE KING:

Read Post # 9!

Then Read It Again!

Then Read It Till It Sinks In!
Sorry that hunting offends you Bess.

The DWR apparently thinks doe need to be removed.

Convince them otherwise and it won't happen and I won't fight it either.

The fact is people like their gardens along the warsatch front....... I can't change that.

Right wrong or indifferent that is the case.

Well Niller!

If You're !/2 The Hunter You Claim To Be I''ll Give You A Goose Egg!

Hopefully I'm Right?

Just Once And The First Time At Being Maybe Right!

Whoopi, I’ll give you one guess how many antlerless tags I applied for this year. What do you think that number is?

Nah. You’re wrong! :ROFLMAO:

Applied for a cow moose tag I’ll never draw, but figure it’s the only way I’ll ever get to hunt moose in my lifetime is to hit those lotto numbers. But that’s it for this year.

Not that there is anything wrong with people hunting antlerless tags. In fact, I’d make a deal with the state of Utah right now that if they gave me the public land cow elk permit of my choice every year for the rest of my life, I’d never apply for or purchase another bull elk tag again. Ever. I guess I’m not much of a hunter because I like actually hunting. Oh well. I’m sure that’s not the last time I will disappoint you.

F'It!

You’re right. If they are going to hold the hunt, you can’t fault a person for choosing to legally participate in it.

You can choose not to participate in it. That’s completely fine. But to look down on someone or try to shame them for it doing it, is wrong. Bring it up with the DWR. Not the people who have waited 7 years for a doe deer tag and decided they wanted to go hunting this year with the few doe tags the state did decide to offer.

Nah. You’re wrong! :ROFLMAO:

Applied for a cow moose tag I’ll never draw, but figure it’s the only way I’ll ever get to hunt moose in my lifetime is to hit those lotto numbers. But that’s it for this year.

Not that there is anything wrong with people hunting antlerless tags. In fact, I’d make a deal with the state of Utah right now that if they gave me the public land cow elk permit of my choice every year for the rest of my life, I’d never apply for or purchase another bull elk tag again. Ever. I guess I’m not much of a hunter because I like actually hunting. Oh well. I’m sure that’s not the last time I will disappoint you.
I agree. I’d never apply for another bull elk tag or purchase one again in utah if they’d give me just 1 rifle cow tag a year for the unit of my choosing.

I have 18 points for moose, which is max. So do 84 other people in utah. At the rate we are going, I’ve got at least another 15 years before I’m guaranteed a tag. But at some point, they have to give me one!

You Sure 18 is MAX?

I agree. I’d never apply for another bull elk tag or purchase one again in utah if they’d give me just 1 rifle cow tag a year for the unit of my choosing.

I have 18 points for moose, which is max. So do 84 other people in utah. At the rate we are going, I’ve got at least another 15 years before I’m guaranteed a tag. But at some point, they have to give me one!

Well you should be. Antlerless hunts are some of the funnest and most enjoyable hunts utah has to offer for those man enough to admit it.
Cow spike archery hunt is my all time favorite big game hunt. And this coming from a “hardcore” big buck hunter. I’m not that hardcore since the bucks almost always seem to get away that I do find, but I hunt big bucks a lot of days every year. Think I spent 20-25 or so days last year chasing big mulies. All that said and I had more fun the few days I took to shoot a cow on the archery hunt……..

Cow spike archery hunt is my all time favorite big game hunt. And this coming from a “hardcore” big buck hunter. I’m not that hardcore since the bucks almost always seem to get away that I do find, but I hunt big bucks a lot of days every year. Think I spent 20-25 or so days last year chasing big mulies. All that said and I had more fun the few days I took to shoot a cow on the archery hunt……..
Agreed. I love hunting deer. But the archery cow/spike hunt is probably the hunt I look forward to the most every year. Definitely the hunt I put the most effort into.

Antlerless hunts are more enjoyable. No added pressure or stress, no over the top scouting needed. The family can come enjoy it. You just go hunting.

Agreed. I love hunting deer. But the archery cow/spike hunt is probably the hunt I look forward to the most every year. Definitely the hunt I put the most effort into.

Antlerless hunts are more enjoyable. No added pressure or stress, no over the top scouting needed. The family can come enjoy it. You just go hunting.
100% agree

He's Got Me Beat!

But Not By Far!

I am on another website, Bring A Trailer, quite a bit buying toys. There is a guy on there with damn near 60k comments and I think he has bought one item. Sounds like Bess with hunting and his boot videos.

I've allways wondered why people don't get a tag and then not hunt the animal if they don't want them to be killed? Seems like a good way to donate money and preserve the life of the animal.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom