2023 bookcliffs

I have 3 family members with tags hunting there and they have been putting on stalks, but no kill yet. Been sending videos of lots of ‘ok’ bucks. Looks like they are having a good time.

Hey DM!

I Seen The Pic Of His Buck!

It's A Beauty!

And I Know You Fondled The Rack!

PLEASE!

Nobody Tell THE KING About This Buck!:D

Nice Job To RH!

I made a trip two weeks ago to scout for my dad's muzzy elk hunt... I've been out there all of the last three years, and this year deer numbers were about like always, plentiful, but I definitely saw more, better bucks, than in years past. Here's a quick video I put together... Feel free to pick the one you'd want and offer up scores...

I made a trip two weeks ago to scout for my dad's muzzy elk hunt... I've been out there all of the last three years, and this year deer numbers were about like always, plentiful, but I definitely saw more, better bucks, than in years past. Here's a quick video I put together... Feel free to pick the one you'd want and offer up scores...

Nice video

Wow, very cool video for sure.

Thank you so much for sharing those deer. "30 Something, Tommy boy and McTom" are some very nice deer.

I may have watched a few of those in my scouting trips.

I was fortunate and filled the tag HorseCorn and Bessy are talking about.

It was kinda a "40 year anniversary" hunt for me. My first archery deer hunt was 40 years ago this year in the Bookcliffs. I grew up hunting that area and am still very passionate about it today.

It's "God's Country" to me.

I saw a few good deer and had help in learning about the deer that I was fortunate enough to harvest. I hunted hard and decided it was the only deer I wanted to kill. I passed on others and found a little luck yesterday morning.

I'm terrible at posting pictures, but I'll try.

Kevin

Screenshot_20230824_092013_Gallery.jpg

Great buck-congrats!! Pretty cool you got to do that again in the Book Cliffs 40 years after your first trip. It is a special place out there!
Thank you.

I had a tag in 2002, found a fantastic deer and hunted it hard. Couldn't get that one killed, so I ate that tag.

We hunted it every year until it was closed and then went to a draw unit.

For sure, very special place!

Wow, very cool video for sure.

Thank you so much for sharing those deer. "30 Something, Tommy boy and McTom" are some very nice deer.

I may have watched a few of those in my scouting trips.

I was fortunate and filled the tag HorseCorn and Bessy are talking about.

It was kinda a "40 year anniversary" hunt for me. My first archery deer hunt was 40 years ago this year in the Bookcliffs. I grew up hunting that area and am still very passionate about it today.

It's "God's Country" to me.

I saw a few good deer and had help in learning about the deer that I was fortunate enough to harvest. I hunted hard and decided it was the only deer I wanted to kill. I passed on others and found a little luck yesterday morning.

I'm terrible at posting pictures, but I'll try.

Kevin

View attachment 118383
Wow what a beauty!! Curious if you scored him out. I would guess he's 193. I love trying to score big bucks. I get it if you don't want to share. That is a sweet buck though, regardless of score.

Last edited:
Wow what a beauty!! Curious if you scored him out. I would guess he's 193. I love trying to score big bucks. I get it if you don't want to share. That is a sweet buck though, regardless of score.
Thank you.

To all, thanks for the kind words so far.

Now I guess is when the "no way, you've got to be kidding or I don't see that...." can start.

Yes, we scored him. Wow, you're pretty good on guessing and you're within 1 inch of what we taped him at. That's amazing. I'm terrible at guessing, but I'm usually guessing on the low side. I thought he would go in the 185 to 188 range.

My wife was really good at guessing this one. She guessed right at your number as well.

Thanks
Kevin

Thank you.

To all, thanks for the kind words so far.

Now I guess is when the "no way, you've got to be kidding or I don't see that...." can start.

Yes, we scored him. Wow, you're pretty good on guessing and you're within 1 inch of what we taped him at. That's amazing. I'm terrible at guessing, but I'm usually guessing on the low side. I thought he would go in the 185 to 188 range.

My wife was really good at guessing this one. She guessed right at your number as well.

Thanks
Kevin
Don't listen to the no ways and I don't see it. Jealousy is bound to rear it's ugly head?. He is awesome!

That’s a sweet buck. Congrats.

Does anyone know why more often than not one side has better back forks and the other side better fronts?

The Books is a special place. Just goes to show, manage what's there, limit the tags. Some good deer and quality hunting.

If you listen to some, deer like this don’t exist out there anymore. Yet year after year we see them. Weird…maybe those naysayers don’t actually have a clue what they are talking about?

Robin_Hood, congrats on an incredible buck. That deer is seriously perfect. It’s what dreams are made of! Well done.

BrowningRage…awesome video! Some really cool bucks in there. I love when people can find great bucks where none exist! Good work.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom