.204 calibur rifle

silverlake176

Just curious on what people think of the .204 calibur. I was wondering if it has good accuracy. Also wondering if it makes for a good coyote gun.

I bought one for my wife and she loves it. Shoots nice and is very accurate. Shot a half dozen dogs this year and killed them just fine. A fun rifle for the kids too!!

Clyde

Not just for the kids or the wife.I bought one last year and shoot squeekers with it(smaller version of a prairie dog) and love it.Ive made some 400+ yard shots with it and can attest to the accuracy and recoiless shot.I reload so I play with the loads untill i find the best one and get to shootin.Great caliber for small game up to coyotes...

my friend cullen has one in a cooper rifle and its a sweet shooting rifle. a week ago he smoked a coyote right between the eyes at about two hundred yards. and the billistics are great.

moseley middleton

When I first heard about it, I gave it a big Ho-Hum thinking it was just another varmit round. Then I had the opportunity to shoot one. It's an amazing little round. It puts a serious smack down on critters, but the best part is that it does it with virtually little to no recoil. I mean you see the impact of every shot you take. Plus the fact that it's super, super, super fast, and as a result shoots extremely flat, isn't a bad thing. It's recoil is like a 22mag or less and it hits like a 22-250. All that aside it's super fun to shoot. Guess that's why after that first introduction I just had to have one. Mine is a CZ 527 and is one schaaaaweeet rifle.

RE: .204 caliber rifle

I bought a cz 527 last night. I was looking at several guns but the 527 varmit with the set trigger was 499.00 after scope and mounts plus tax $925.00. The scope mounts were a pain but Tikka scope mounts fit it good after I ground off the little stud on the back mount. I was disappointed that the gun did not come with mounts. The guy at cabelas said they did not have mounts. but 21/2 hours later I walked out with a set of mounts that worked well. I am going to go shoot it today if weather permits

Basin-Boy

MrClyde.....got any pics of them six coyotes'? Half a dozen, that's a good year!

Bought on two years ago and love it. TACK DRIVER! Have taken it on a couple of Coyote hunts, as well as several chuck and sage rat shoots in Eastern Oregon. Expensive shooting for the rats, but the enjoyment of seeing them liteally blowup in the scope is worth it.
"success Is Reason Enough!"

>
> I bought a cz
>527 last night. I was
>looking at several guns but
>the 527 varmit with the
>set trigger was 499.00 after
>scope and mounts plus tax
>$925.00. The scope mounts
>were a pain but Tikka
>scope mounts fit it good
>after I ground off the
>little stud on the back
>mount. I was disappointed that
>the gun did not come
>with mounts. The guy at
>cabelas said they did not
>have mounts. but 21/2 hours
>later I walked out with
>a set of mounts that
>worked well. I am going
>to go shoot it today
>if weather permits
>
>
>
>
>
> Basin-Boy
The CZ527 Rifle has mounts and rings packaged in the box at the factory. Go back and insist that they give them to you. You paid for them! Their rings and mounts are steel and they are terrific. A wonderful rifle. I have the CZ527 and a Remington 700 in 204 Ruger. They are wonderfully accurate, low recoil and a ball to reload and obtain unbelievable velocity. Flat shooting, well I guess!

TM

A few years back in WY we got 7 (two hunters) in 45 minutes while deer hunting..it was silly.

Early November, running shots, 3 had the mange...saw a cat but didn't have a tag (the rancher was unhappy about that).

I have had good results hunting coyotes with my .204 but you still cant go wrong with a 22-250.

I have two 204's, but my favorite critter getter is still my 22-250 Cooper. It is hard to beat!

TM

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom