21A Elk Rifle

Flores82

Hey guys looking forward to my hunt in 21A rifle hunt . I have hunted elk during archery season but never during rifle hunt. I’m ready to get into some nasty country in the unit. Any tips or pointers? PM ME Thanks Guys!

Monfrotto makes really good ones imo . I actually have the primos trigger stick tripod n it converts for binos in literally 2 seconds I prefer it to my others just because of the versatility.

I have 15x56 , looking into a better tripod. Any recommendations on tripod. I have a Walmart cheap one. Worked ok but old and needs replacing. Thanks!

If you are looking for a tripod to mostly use with 15X sitting, the Sirui T-024Sk, VA 5 combo available from Cameraland or GoHunt is hard to beat.

Thanks guys for PM Messages keep the coming I understand ? ! Monster muleys has some good dude’s! Working up a load for my 6.5 prc??

I would stay away from 6.5 PRC. 200 yrd. max for that round in my opinion on an elk. Had a guy put 3 shots in the basket from 400 yards 1st shot to about 600 yards 3rd shot shooting 143 gr eld-x and that elk soaked it up like a sponge and kept going! Found dead about 1.5 miles away from first shot the next day.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom