.243 WSSM ammo

Good luck man!

I have almost gone internet crazy looking for it myself. I called in a favor with a buddy in Texas that works at a gun shop and he shipped me their last two boxes.

Last week while I was in on vacation in Texas I went to the local gun shop and bought their last box. They told me not to hold my breath waiting on another box.

There is a place here in Vegas that told me they might be able to get some from a distributor but won't be cheap. If they can get it, I'll let you know.

whats the deal. Has this caliber become super popular and hard to find?

Years ago when it was first introduced I became interested in it and just happened to be at a walmart that was closing out that ammo. I think its Winchester brand with 100 or 95 grain bullets. They were blowing them out at $5.00 a box. I bought ten boxes of the loaded ammo thinking for that price I couldn't go wrong and I would have enough brass for reloading to last a long time.

Guess I need to get out and shoot it and see what all the craze is about

Wow, if you want some "for sale" and don't mind sticker shock, go to Gunbroker. Unbelievable...........

Foundation,
Looks like you have about $700-$800 worth of ammo off a $50 dollar investment. Sell the ammo and buy a new rifle in a common caliber. :)

ya this stuff is more rare then .22 ammo lol and when you do find it its $100 for a box of 20. it blows my mind

7147wssm.jpg

323243.jpg

Wow, I had no idea its become that popular or hard to get. Judging from that original price of 15 bucks I bet I bought this 10 years or more back when I first heard about them and thought it would make a great antelope round. I found a Browning for the rifle and even picked up the dies, but I never got around to scoping the rifle after a family friend gave me a standard 243. The project just kind of fell to the wayside since I have to many irons in the fire.

I will do some serious thinking and let you guys know if I want to part with any of it.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-15 AT 10:14PM (MST)[p]Popular ain't the problem.....obsolete is. If you have a rifle that shoots it....don't part with it.

8346emporor_obama.jpg

I liked it big...fondler doesn't

LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-15 AT 10:21PM (MST)[p]>ya this stuff is more rare
>then .22 ammo lol and
>when you do find it
>its $100 for a box
>of 20. it blows my
>mind

I haven't paid near that in the past few weeks. Paid current fair price for them at roughly $45 per box for Ballistic Silvertips.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom