260 Rem.

Nice round for girls and kids! :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. I saw your post on the 270wsm... and you're right. As bad as that WSM is, recoil is not bad at all.

260 REM...Seems like a case with potential. I don't get excited with the factory numbers but there is potential in that case and the right bullet combo.

the other Joey

If you dont reload leave it alone. Vary few factory offerings for it. Other than that, its a neat accurate round.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I think it's a great caliber. I reload, and have had really good results with it. One of my favorites.
Buff

Tikka does chamber it in 260 rem. I looking at getting it for my girlfriend. Tikkas are light and very accurate.

The .260 Remington's an awsome, underrated
round, no doubt...but Reddog's Very Correct
about the Swede'y..

Couldn't go wrong with either.
I'd like to have one....

lrv

favorbly.

really tho, its biggest draw back is its considered a bit long for a short action, they will work in a short action however.

the case is a bit bigger. when it boils rite down to it, the 260 and 6.5x55 are pea's in a pod, but the fact that the 6.5 has been doing it for over 100 years appeals to me. i like it over the 260 because it has class!

Not to beat a dead horse...

The swedy may be more of a handloading
proposition...I don't Know that...

Where'as the .260 has some pretty decent
factory stuff available...

Swedy may too, that I just don't know
about, just thought I'd toss that out there.

Man, whichever one you get, Please let us know.
I think you'll enjoy it as much as the folk you
purchased it for.

Laro

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-09 AT 08:11PM (MST)[p]
If you are a handloader and looking why not get a 257wby for your g/f. I have one and its really easy to shoot. You can pick up a nice Vanguard Sub MOA or something like that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom