2nd Big Game Application Period Aug .5-15

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
Second big game controlled hunt drawing and swan tag
application period is Aug. 5-15

The application period for Idaho’s second big game controlled hunt and swan tag drawing runs Aug. 5-15. Tags available in the second drawing include those for deer, elk, pronghorn, and black bear that were not applied for in the first drawing, as well those that were drawn by hunters but not purchased by the Aug. 1 deadline. There will also be 50 swan tags available in the drawing, which are valid only in North Idaho.

Full story: https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/second-controlled-hunt-drawing-application-period-aug-5-15

I don't ever remember seeing the available list before the start of the application period, the 5th?

Just love seeing tags I applied for that didn’t get bought. Why the hell did you put in for them in the first place just to screw other guys out of tags!!?? At least now I have an even worse chance at one...

Really frustrating, when you apply and don't get drawn. Then there's 6-10 tags nobody picked up!!!

Just love seeing tags I applied for that didn’t get bought. Why the hell did you put in for them in the first place just to screw other guys out of tags!!?? At least now I have an even worse chance at one...
A guy I know applied for a tag that I've been trying to draw for 15 years very low draw odds.
Well his kid drew the youth tag last year and I took them out. The kid was excited and shot a 2 piont the second day, it was his first buck. So the dad drew it this year and wasn't going to pick up unless I would go with him which I don't mind just frustrating that there's no appreciation for how hard buck tags are to draw. On the plus side I get to spend more time in one of my favorite places looking for monster muleys. lol he'll probably shoot a forkie the first day

There are some great tags available again for sure.
I wonder if people just decide they don't want them or forget to buy them.

There are some great tags available again for sure.
I wonder if people just decide they don't want them or forget to buy them.
I think it’s the 2nd option, they’re just dedicated enough to try and play the draws but not enough to be sure and pick up their tags by the deadline. Could also be nonresidents who apply for Wyoming/Colorado etc and then apply in Idaho as a fallback, draw their tags in a better state and decide not to pick up

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom