2nd Draw

Probably post this afternoon or tomorrow. The period opens on the 5th, I believe.

The ones posted are the ones which will go on sale OTC on Thursday the 6th. The actual list of left-overs you can apply for will be posted today and also be available at vendors

Correct this link is to the ones in the second draw. There are some that the seasons are already going or open soon that are first come basis.

DZ

I have an email in to the Boise office right now on this subject. One answer I got on the phone said NR quotas still apply, so if 10% had already received tags no NR could apply. Another answer said if the unit and tag was listed in the available tables a NR could apply, but might not get the tag if they were drawn if the quota was filled.

Since we don't know if it was a resident or a non-resident who didn't pick up their tag, how can you expect them to know if it could be drawn or not. Seems like they just want the $14.25 NR application fee for nothing.

When (if) they reply, I will post their answer.

"The 10 percent nonresident quota and the waiting period restrictions do not apply in the second drawing."

This is taken directly from page 108 of the regulations.

Thanks JDECK. I thought I had read that over and over, but still missed that sentance.

Look online, but I believe it says results will be available "by" the 25th. so, likely a day or two prior possibly.

The application period for unclaimed deer, elk and pronghorn tags (for hunts starting after August 15) runs from August 5 through August 15. Results of the second draw will be available by August 20. Any tags not purchased after the second drawing will be sold first-come, first-served August 25 at 10 a.m. Mountain Time at any Fish and Game license vendor and online.

>No luck for me once again.
>4 years in a row
>

Don't get too upset I don't think the results are out yet... Unless you called or something...

come on IDFG post the results already! The anticipation of seeing "unsuccessful" next to my licence number is killing me!

>Makes you wonder if somewhere in
>the IT department someone is
>laughing their ass off counting
>hits to the department website.
>

I said the exact same thing to my boss a little while ago.

Should be today, huh? I'm pretty sure the regs (or somewhere on the website) said results will be available by August 20.

Unit 43 Muzzy Deer AND, yes AND 41-1 Antelope.

Cant do both, which one? Leaning toward the Antelope.

And I thought this year was gonna suck.

....and again nothing for me and my son!! As if the odds aren't 10 times worse on the second round. haha

>Unit 43 Muzzy Deer AND, yes
>AND 41-1 Antelope.
>
>Cant do both, which one? Leaning
>toward the Antelope.
>
>And I thought this year was
>gonna suck.

Go on the antelope hunt :D

I'm shocked at the fact I didn't draw a late deer tag in the second try. There were only 400+ apps for a couple tags! :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom