.325 WSM load 200 Accubond

I have a 325wsm browning A bolt stainless I use 220 grain Sierra gameking with reloader 17, cci 250 primers. It works good for me

I just came across this thread. I have a Kimber 8400 Montana in 325 wsm that I reload for. I have found 200 Accubonds to be quite accurate. Particularly with Ram Shot Big Game, but also with IMR 4007 ssc and RE17. IMR4350 has shown a lot of promise with both the Accubond and the partitions. I have wanted to try the 220 Sierra but haven't been able to find any locally.

Have fun. My cow elk went down hard from 330 yards in November.

How much powder are you using on these loads and do you know what there speed is? Right now I've been using Varget with 59.6 g and at 3050 fps and this is with the 200 gr Nosler accubond

Sorry i haven't checked the speed on this rifle yet Iam using 65.5 grains of rl 17 with Sierra game kings220 it should be very close to what your 200 accubond are though

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-14 AT 06:33PM (MST)[p]I have chronoed my RS Big Game load. I am just over 2900 fps. Typically about 2910-2915. I did get to high 2900s with RE17, but it wasn't as accurate and exhibited some pressure signs. I haven't tried Varget in it as it was a bit of a fast burning powder. I do really like that powder in my 7-08 though. That is really good velocity at over 3000 fps. I got pressure signs with all powders I tried when I approached the high 2900s though.

FH

That is the differences in rifles mine is.shooting -1/4 groups and I haven't seen any signs of pressure . What it comes down to is try different powders and loads to see what's going to work in your rifle they are all different.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom