36A Antelope

givemtheshaft

Anyone have any experience whether deer or elk hunting seeing many antelope on the east and south east areas of this unit?? Any experience good or bad would be helpful, F&G talks as though there's tons of goats but with only 20 tags I would guess not. Thanks much!!

Always see 10-15 up on railroad ridge. 10,000 feet of elevation up there with mtn goats, sheep, deer and elk! All summer thru month of September.

Same here, way at the top of RR ridge, saw some pretty close to some sheep! Also saw a few just above a little reservoir just a short hike west of main road, can't remember name offhand.
A guy in the sporting goods store in challis told me its because of wild horses taking over the antelope range. Makes some sense, cuz there is a pile of em down lower.
Would be a fun spot to hunt antelope!!

Thanks guys been many years since I had been on the east end of the unit and wasn't sure if would be worth checking out or not, I did visit with a fella that went in by clayton and said antelope he saw was up in goat country but he said he didn't see any bucks of any size at all. I didn't know that there was wild horses over there so see learned something new!! Thanks for the help!!

I usually see some in spar canyon road as well as road creek road area. They are also in random spots. RR ridge makes sense, i have seen them way up little boulder creek but i wouldnt go up there looking for them.

I drew unit unit 51 many many moons ago & ran into a outfitter over there opening day they were watching & waiting 2 herds of goats to come down off the mountain they were up around 8000 feet !! I thought they guy was full of crap until we drove on past them a mile or so & saw a herd ourselves coming down the same mountain !! so diffently look high & if there is any AG land around try to get in between the goats & the AG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom