37 elk

NMHUNTER

Hey guys I got the second bow hunt in 37. I have been out scouting and am finding elk. My hunt starts on the 15th how good are they usually bugling at that time? Also how bad will the elk be pressured the first 2 weeks?
Thanks any info will be greatly appreciated

Depending on the weather, Yes, they should be pretty fired up.

Pressure, not too bad, you only have 40 tags in there on the first hunt compared to 150-200 tags in neighboring units. I think there are even less tags on your hunt so you shouldn't have to worry about getting hunted on top of.

There are some very nice bulls in there. Definitely don't shoot anything under 300. My family has killed a 320 and a 334 out of there so be patient.

Its has taken me quite a few years to draw and I have found some real nice bulls. I'm just hoping they don't get pressured and move onto private before I get there. Thanks for the response. Now my only problem is gonna be which spot to hit first !!! Lol

My experience in 37 is the first pressure they feel they head off to private land. Be prepared to cover lots of country and get away from the roads. There aren't a lot of elk in there so when they vacate an area they are gone.

That's what I'm afraid of. I've found some good bulls and I just hope no one else finds them lol. Then again its a pretty big area with only a few tags. I guess we'll see come the 15th

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom