3rd season 71/711

grosventrehunter

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-15 AT 09:08AM (MST)[p]Can anyone tell me about this hunt? My son (14) didn't draw anything and I'm looking to pick up a landowner voucher so he can kill his first buck. He would be the only one hunting, his grandfather and I will just be helping him out.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-15 AT 08:05PM (MST)[p]Public land has been pretty well stomped by then. That area is very heavily hunted. There are some great ranches in that area, so if the ranch that you can buy a voucher for is big enough to actually hunt on, then it may be a good hunt. That said, if you get a good snow, then public land might be decent.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

This will be my fourth trip in the last six years. I have been successful the previous three hunts, but it was hard hunting.
I had to back out last year at the last minute. Most everybody in my party got their deer, but it was tough. Most the deer were up high last year. Two years before, they were down low.
Depending on your voucher, you can hunt the entire unit, others you have to hunt the ranch of which the voucher was issued through.
On another note, last year everybody in the hunting party who had an elk tag punched their ticket (7 elk). Two of the three hunts, I had opportunities to bag an elk, but couldn't close the deal. Some years they are thick, other years lean....you never know. Elk tags are over counter, so it is something you might also consider.
Best of luck on your son's hunt.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom