45 DOE HUNT

OLDHORNHUNTER

Very Active Member
what a damn JOKE 500 doe tags & I cant even draw a tag to save a few does !!!! out of 34 people that I know that were applying for tags to save some animals NOT ONE person drew a tag !!! so its up to the Lucky ones that draw Tags to help reduce the uncalled for SLAUGHTER of our future deer herds around unit 45..

i didn't get one either or know of anyone that drew. maybe your peta tactics will work for you in the future oldhorn hunter

dont associate me with Peta or any of those other worthless animal rights groups !!! I have lived & hunted in Idaho most of my life..I hunt for the sport & the meat..but I will not shoot a DOE or a dink ass buck havent in over 15 years .. this hunt is a complete joke & 98 % of the people that hunt know it !!! legal hunt or not killing does carring future fawns is STUPID & on their winter range on top of that.. "POP" is the sound that will echo around Idaho as they pull their heads out of their asses !!! when people that think this is sound game management realize our deer herds are going down every year & killing excess animals doesnt help rebuild anything other than a few meager $$

Sounds like you are jealous of not drawing a tag. If you think that 500 deer will make a difference in those units you are crazy. There are more deer out there than most realize that there are. Some people just don't look very hard.

OLDHORNHUNTER IS RIGHT ON THE $$$$......THE IDAHO MULE DEER HERD IS JUST A SHELL OF WHAT IT ONCE WAS !!!!!!!

I don't want to stir the pot again but I have done a ton of thinking about this hunt. I have read most of what was posted on this site. I even debated whether or not I would put in for this hunt because I thought about the does being bred and future impacts to the herd down the road. This hunt is no different than a late cow elk hunt. Cows are breed in late September and hunted throughout the state until mid-November or even late archery hunts going into late-December. This herd of deer will be in there winter grounds and will be hunted a couple of weeks after being bred (not months). The snow level will likely be very low and the impact to the winter fat reserves of these animals will likely be minimal if the hunters are ethical. Some have suggested that we should wait until a problem occurs and then issue a hunt. The problem I have with that is by that time the snow will be deep and the fat reserves will be gone.

No one in my group drew. Interesting. Id like to hear of at least one person that drew.

I know of one person that drew a tag and I know of about 40 that put in for it.

i think all these people saying they were going to burn the tag if they drew, actually drew and will be hunting them so doe. ha ha ha. got awful quiet about this topic once the results came out:)

AT THIS POINT I AM JUST HOPING 500 ANTLERLESS DEER DON'T GET WHACKED IN THE UPCOMING SLAUGHTER AND ALSO THAT WE HAVE A MILD WINTER AND A HIGH PERCENT OF DEER RETURN TO THEIR SUMMER RANGE IN THE SPRING.

NOW IS THE TIME TO REBUILD OUR BIG GAME HERDS.

LET'S DOUBLE THE POPULATION OF OUR MULE DEER IN MOST UNITS AND INCREASE THE AGE OF OUR BUCKS.

STOP SHOOTING THE FORKY AND THE ANTLERLESS FOR A FEW YEARS AND LET'S GET THIS MULE DEER HERD IN IDAHO BACK TO WHERE IT SHOULD BE.

THE IDAHO MULE DEER HERD IS JUST A SHELL OF WHAT IT ONCE WAS.

>THE IDAHO MULE DEER HERD IS
>JUST A SHELL OF WHAT
>IT ONCE WAS.

It will never be what it ONCE was. It can get better, but if you keep benchmarking it on the good old days you will forever be dissappointed!

I AGREE, IT WILL NEVER BE LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. HOWEVER IT CAN GET BETTER AND THIS COULD BE DONE WITH SOME SIMPLE CHANGES.

i cant comment on other parts of the state, but here in southeast, our deer are down and we didnt see even close to the bucks on the late hunt this yearas we did last year, or even close to that same amount of does.
I know condidtions arent the same as last year and i am thankful that some of the hunts were reduced in numbers due to winter die off.
I too have done a great deal of thinking and research on the lack of deer in southeast. What i have noticed is that most folks talk about a die off in the mid to late 80's and that the deer have never returned. Coincidentally, I have noticed that it was right around that time that most farmeres around here stopped farming winter wheat and put their land in crp. I am not pointing the finger here, so dont mistake my notations. just a coincidence, maybe more, i dont know. It might be that something similer has happened in and around this unit. unless the deer are overcrowded or are causing damage, i cant see what warrents 500 doe permits this time of year. just my 2 cents.

I THINK THE LACK OF WINTER WHEAT IS ANOTHER PROBLEM THAT SHOULD BE LOOKED AT . THE FIXES CAN BE VERY SIMPLE, THE TURN AROUND CAN HAPPEN VERY QUICKLY WITH THE RIGHT CHANGES. WE NEED THE F & G TO GET ON BOARD

Your right it is a joke! The wolves have wiped out the elk and the deer for that matter, just give them time and they'll wipe the herd in 45 also. Remember the three ses for any wolf or coyote. We'll I don't think they'd take 500 in one season!

According to the F&G, 341 does were killed in that late hunt.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

I'd like to hear what the official number of bucks taken on this hunt was? I heard of 4 guys getting busted whacking bucks with this doe tag in their pocket; not 2points nice deer. I guess they couldn't resist temptation. Thats why you shouldn't give these scumbags a chance to hunt in a trophy unit in the middle of winter.

I will ask you to Call the Region 4 office. Talk to Randy Smith. Ask him how many deer they count in Unit 45 from the Bliss Hill city road all the way over and including unit 52. Until you get the chance I will tell you what he told me just a month ago. Almost no deer are counted in that area on winter range. Ron

WELL ARE THEY GOING TO DO IT THIS YEAR AS WELL. HAS ANYONE HEARD ?

ARE THEY BARON DOES YOU SEE WITHOUT BABIES OR ARE THEY DOES WITH NO BABIES BECAUSE THE PREDATOR HAS ALREADY KILLED THEM AND THIS FALL THEY WILL BREED AGAIN.

THE GOAL SHOULD BE TO DOUBLE THE MULE DEER POPULATION IN IDAHO IN MOST UNITS.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom