48 or 49

Kayak_to_hunt

I think that I could draw in either of these units.. 49 looks like a huge area and would be my 1st choice.. I was looking at the western end of this unit somewhere near the Arkansas river.

But the Mtns of 48 have to be hard to access in places and could hold a good buck.

Just wondering if anyone out there had any expirence or would you choose one of these units over the other? Also I will was looking at the 3rd rifle season. Possible muzzleloader..

Thanks.

I would choose GMU 49 over GMU 48. The success rates for 3rd season bucks are MUCH better in GMU 49.

MSgt, USAF
1984 to present

I plan on hunting 49 this year with the muzzleloader for elk. I toyed with the idea of getting a deer tag too. I couldn't find very much positive information about the area for deer. So I decided to just concentrate on the elk. Probably means I'll see a monster buck this year. If I do run into some good bucks, I'll buck hunt it next year.

Don P.

I've hunted 49 twice before but not since 2003. I'm an Elk
hunter so I've not focused on the deer but always seem to see
several. I've seen one fair buck (150-160)class there in
probably 18 or so days in the field. Good Luck with your
hunt. Later Baker

Hello peez3006. I see by this post your planning on hunting
49 this fall also. I've muzzleloader hunted there 2 times in
the past 9 years so contact me if you want to compare notes.
Take Care.

> Hello peez3006. I see by
>this post your planning on
>hunting
> 49 this fall also. I've
>muzzleloader hunted there 2 times
>in
> the past 9 years so
>contact me if you want
>to compare notes.
> Take Care.

Have you hunted 48 by chance? I applied for a cow tag in 481 and a mule deer in 48

Hello Don P, I sent you an e-mail with my phone number
several days ago. I hope it got to you, if not I'll
resend one from work on friday when I start working
nights. Take care

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom