49ers and Jimmy G

It's dang hard to beat a quality NFL team 7 times in a row.

I'm a die-hard Niners fan, but I'm not all that confident in this week.

Some redemption against the Chiefs would sure be sweet in the Super Bowl though!

George Kittle is the Hunter Pence of the 49ers. He limped off the field. That could very well be the difference.

If Jimmy can not panic under pressure not throw an interception and will throw the ball away instead of getting sacked they can win.
The Rams have a strong pass rush. The 49ers Offensive line has to block and protect Jimmy
They’ve already beat the Rams and the Packers to get where they are. Don’t count them out

With the LA Lambs cheerleaders Jimmy has alot more than just the D-Line to worry about
1643166155729.png

I am a niner fan and I hold my breath every time Jimmy throws the ball. Along with the 1 pic he threw last game he had 2-3 other throws that the defense just dropped. Some of the fans post coaches film every week over on the 49ers forum and Jimmy's lack of sound decision making is on display every week. He has a potato for a brain.

The 49ers win despite him, the coach doesn't trust his decision making, and he limits what the team does on offense. Thankfully this is his last year.

They should have fired him after he lost the SB.

For all of you that say it is hard to beat the same team 3 times in a row in the same season, I have some bad news for you.

If the 49ers fail to reach the Super Bowl by beating the Rams for the third time this season, it won’t be because history suggests it is a statistical improbability. In fact, teams that meet an opponent in the playoffs after sweeping their two regular-season matchups are twice as likely to win the third game as lose it.
Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, there have been 22 occasions of a team meeting for the third time after one team won the first two matchups. In those 22 playoff games, the “sweeping” team is 14-8. And the more recent the sweep scenario has played out, the better the results have been for the team going 3-0. The first such third meeting featuring a regular-season sweep was the 1982 Miami Dolphins beating the New York Jets in the AFC Championship Game.
But including the next seven sweep scenarios through 1994, the sweeping team was 4-4, with wins and losses alternating each of those eight years. Basically, three-game sweeps were as likely to occur as not.
But from 1994 to 2021, teams having beaten an opponent twice went on to complete the three-game sweep 10 times out of 14, a winning percentage of .714.

I'm just happy don't have to watch that limp wrist tom brady this year!

I don't care who wins it as long as my boards hit!!!

Let's go double or nothing on the superbowl homer!

Last edited:
Me too OW. I really didn't believe the Chiefs offense could be checked.
Yup. Thought it was all but over when KC won the toss for overtime.

Mahomes is pretty danged good. When he was in college, he played against ASU. My oldest son & I were watching the game together. I had no idea who Mahomes was or what he had done, but from just watching him for a bit, I recall saying that he would likely go on to win a couple Super Bowls.

Whether your team won or lost these last few games have been great for the NFL, which needed it. ALL of them have been close and really good football, refs seemed to let them play also for the most part. I knew the Niners would choke. A buddy got lucky- took Cincinnati straight up and the over on points, he won big.

wweaver79 I don't think the 9ers choked. They just ran out of luck. They were 2 & 4 earlier in the season. Had a couple real stinkers of games. Still a good core of players on their team. Met expectations set prior to the start of the season. Far exceeded expectations at mid season.

They don't have players like Tyreek Hill who have broken their son's arm. Bragging about how his baby's momma should also be afraid of him. All on a recorded phone call. Don't have a quarterback's (Matt Stafford) wife who throws pretzels at fans in the crowd from her luxury box. Don't have a head coach like Andy Reid who's son, also a position coach on the team committing felony DWI injuring a young girl.

Watch out for #19 Deebo & the 9ers next year!

At least we don't have to watch Jimmy in a 49er uniform anymore.
After watching Trey Lance we will want Jimmy (when he is healthy?). With shanahan's conservative style and puckering up in clutch moments we will not win the big one until he is gone. I have never seen someone snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as often as Shanahan. He has a fetish for blowing 4th quarter leads in big games. The problem is he is a genius coach (they will not get to of him) until it comes down to a game management or situational awareness portion of the game. Then he is as bad as they come.

After watching Trey Lance we will want Jimmy (when he is healthy?). With shanahan's conservative style and puckering up in clutch moments we will not win the big one until he is gone. I have never seen someone snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as often as Shanahan. He has a fetish for blowing 4th quarter leads in big games. The problem is he is a genius coach (they will not get to of him) until it comes down to a game management or situational awareness portion of the game. Then he is as bad as they come.
Yep, let Kyle run X's & O's and have Lynch run the game.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom