52,411,521 Deer

adirondack

Looking for some opinions on the size of deer in these units. I will be hunting 3erd season and am willing to hunt to the last minute without pulling the trigger, is a 180 class buck a possibility on public land?

Yes it's a possibility. They are certainly in there. These units are fairly crowded on public land. Because these deer aren't stuck in the Gunnision Basin during the winter they have fared a little better during the two hard winters recently. Good luck!

Shot a nice buck in 411 a couple of years ago. IMHO any unit in Colorado you have shot at a good buck. Saw another at the meat shop that was shot in 52 that was a solid 180 buck with great mass during 2nd season, have a good hunt.

Rich

I agree with the above regarding the deer faring a little better than their gunnison neighbors. The deer will likely be in pockets there and there might not be alot of sign in between so keep looking until you find 'em. There is some great genetics in those units still.....in fact the official B&C #3 typical of all time was killed near the border of 411/52 years ago by a feller I knew growing up. Insane gagger of a 4pt with a 38" inside spread.(inside the main beams) Some of the biggest deer I've ever seen have been in those units but there is alot of rugged/thick ground for 'em to hide in too. Best of luck!!!

Glad to be of some assistance for sure......I think you have the makings of a memorable hunt for sure!!!! Can't wait to hear how it all shakes out for you. Best of luck!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom