54 elk

Wapitiwilly

Very Active Member
Curious if anyone can share a little insight on 54. Not looking for “The Spot” just general intel on unit and trophy potential.
Thanks in advance

When I lived in twin falls 12 years ago 54 Elk was just gaining steam. A few 365+ bulls getting killed. Winecup Rd I think the name of it was where I saw tons of elk.

Curious if anyone can share a little insight on 54. Not looking for “The Spot” just general intel on unit and trophy potential.
Thanks in advance
So you're the guy that drew my tag! :) Good luck hope you get a big one. Do an archive search hear and Rockslide and you'll come up with some pretty good info. Ask for Jake at the Magic Valley regional office as he could be pretty helpful also.

Don't get discouraged if you're not seeing much while scouting, the elk move in. I hope you're scouting to at least learn the roads and trails. Fun hunt!

Go scout between Sept. 10 and 20 with some calls. You'll find the elk! Not sure they stay in those same locations until the late season but it will give you a starting point and also give you an idea on quality to look for.

Thanks in advance
I’ve been out scouting the last 3 weeks doing a lot of glassing and driving. I also drew a 54 tag (muzzleloader) my first attempt and first time hunting elk in that unit. I have hunted elk mainly in units 23 and 48; some in 16, 39 and 43 in years past. I don’t know much about 54 but I would imagine that I will have some insight when my hunt ends as I plan to be there most every day from September 25-October 14.

I’ve been out scouting the last 3 weeks doing a lot of glassing and driving. I also drew a 54 tag (muzzleloader) my first attempt and first time hunting elk in that unit. I have hunted elk mainly in units 23 and 48; some in 16, 39 and 43 in years past. I don’t know much about 54 but I would imagine that I will have some insight when my hunt ends as I plan to be there most every day from September 25-October 14.
Amazing tag in a magical unit! Work hard and you will have the hunt of a lifetime.

Be picky, there’s some awesome bulls in that unit. Have fun and enjoy that awesome tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom