54 Rifle Doe Antelope

LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-19 AT 02:00PM (MST)[p]I drew this tag on the leftover draw (wanted decent odds at a tag to give to my son if I drew) and have sinced signed it over to my 11 year old son.

The unit is essentially the top half of unit 54 (hunt doesn't allow you to hunt down by the border) Lots of private ground around twin and then most of the ground appears to be public to the south border.

Are there good numbers of goats on the public part of this hunt? Do I need to plan to try to talk a landowner on letting us on their property?

Normally I would just drive down and scout it for the weekend, but I have a supertag in hand and have a couple dandy bucks spotted that I am keeping my eyes on so I would prefer not to have to drive down to look for doe antelope if I don't have to.

I think this could be a good fun hunt for my son, but figured since it opens here in 2-3 weeks, better start figuring out a plan. Right now I had planned to go in by Hollister and hunt the southern border over to Oakley.

Stick to the foothills south of Kimberly. There is usually some roaming around right there. If not there go on the other side of Rock Creek Road and go up south of Murtaugh. There is some private lands up there but they're generally surrounded by BLM. If not there head up Hopper or Bear Gulch areas from the North and you should have some luck.

Guys I appreciate the responses...I'm going to drive down this Sunday and spend the day taking a look and getting use to the roads and terrain...who knows, may run into a bomber in 54 that would be worth noting...Really appreciate the leads.

>Guys I appreciate the responses...I'm going
>to drive down this Sunday
>and spend the day taking
>a look and getting use
>to the roads and terrain...who
>knows, may run into a
>bomber in 54 that would
>be worth noting...Really appreciate the
>leads.

How did your scouting trip go?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom