55 Youth Deer LTRB

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
Let the Roasting Begin.

Heading to 55 with my son this week for his youth deer hunt. We will hunt it til the end and yes, he is hoping for a halloween buck instead of a bag of candy. Hunter is 11 years old and did shoot his first buck last year, a 183" Non-Typical - and no, we are not looking to top that! We are shooting the first respectable four point we see (what makes him excited)

How's the conditions been and are hunters seeing bucks chasing or cruising for girls? I think we are going to stay in a motel, any recommendations?

Thank you,

I have a friend who's boy drew this tag as well. Just for grins here's a buck I seen in that country a few years ago. Cheers to some shaky buck fever!!
big buck.jpg

Mega congrats to your dad! Savor the blessing of getting to share these hunts. What I'd give for one day on the mountain with my dad.------SS
It was emotional. Dad has been hunting here on and off for 35 years. His friend (and ours through the years) lived here, and his family still does, and it’s a new thing for me the last few. My dad feels like he may not see it again as he had before, and I have no doubt as I have heard the stories of bucks past. It’s not the same as it used to be in a bad way. But we glassed, we spotted and we went after the way we had to to get one down..I’m sorry to see the resource as low as it is, but thankful we can still enjoy it. I hope for better conditions and better management to come. Wouldn’t trade a thing in the world over the time I spent with my dad out there!

Friends boy tagged out yesterday. Had a nice 28' 3 point slip out on them the day before they shot his buck. Sounds like a lot of buck are starting to show up, it had been a long week for a 10 yr old, and it was "time to pull the trigger" lol

Same kid had a youth elk tag as well and shot himself a nice little 6 point this year. He's had a heck of a year!!

I'd love to see some more pictures if you have them. I'm guessing this woulda been 8ish or so years ago??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom