66A Moose help

A buddy drew a tag for 66a, i was invited to help out if i want. i know nothing about this area. anyone know the area or have any advise. any info would be great....

I will be up there for elk hunting early Oct But if I was the one with a moose tag I would be up there late sept talking to all the archery elk hunters.... If I see any good bulls I will post back

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

Sept. 25th - Oct 5th will be wide open rut. Bow hunters can be good or bad; a lot have never even seen a good bull, but tell you they were monsters!

Pray for frost and cold weather - they will stay out long enough to glass them good.

What are the dates of the Moose hunt..

I got a good Idea what a good moose looks like
489803d464e62905.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-08 AT 02:57AM (MST)[p]he was 48"

But what makes you think he is young

here is a couple more photos
4898153c3c69dcab.jpg

489815553cb32a0c.jpg

UThuntng
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

Get out and do some scouting, moose are very abundant in that particular unit. I would hunt the first couple of weeks in Oct when they are out looking for the females. Large unit, I have seen many bulls along the tincup highway on the 66A side. Caribou basin is also a great place for moose. Area gets alot of archery pressure much like 76 some your best bet is during the rut. I hunted the whole archery season hoping to catch up with a good one and ending up killing mine on Oct 14th. Good luck it is a hunt of a lifetime.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom