6A & 6C deer

oklahunter

I put in for the muzzleloader deer hunt in 6A & 6C. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which unit, 6A OR 6C would be the best for me to concentrate on.I have looked at the topo maps and it seems like 6A would be the better unit but was wanting some input from someone that has been there.Just trying to narrow my search down a little. Thanks in advance.

I spend quite a bit of time there each summer and then in the fall chasing the elk around (tag or not, usually not) and dont usually see too many deer. Seen a few here and there but not real good numbers. Most my time is spent up around the parks though, so they could be in a different part of the unit. Seen a couple good bucks together just below the Resumidero Campground last fall.

Deer or not, it is some of the coolest country I stomp through.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

they say in 6c has big deer in the dome wilderness its near bandelier i put in for the same but for rifle i hunt 6a the bucks are coming back im always there have property in 6a so thats why im always there

DID YOU DRAW A TAG IVE SEEN DEER ON FOREST RD 20 AND 69 AND 70 THERE ARE ALOT OF ROADS UP THERE IVE SEEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST BUCKS UP THERE IF YOU DREW A TAG LET ME NO AND I WILL GIVE YOU MORE INFO AND NO PROBLEM WITH THE INFO GLAD TO HELP

yes i did draw! i really appreciate your help. i have sent you a pm

if anyone else has any information about campsites, terrain, etc., please send me a pm. i would appreciate any help i can get.

thanks!!!!!

all my hunts will be over by then maybe i can show you around you can get ahold of me at505 818 0940

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom