6A Elk

BoldtHunter

My wife was lucky enough to draw a first season rifle tag in this unit. We have never hunted this unit, but I have done extensive research on it and feel like I have some good areas to start. We also have already planned a trip out there for early August to get some boots on the ground. That being said I was wondering if any of you have hunted this unit in the past? How was the hunt? About how many elk were you seeing a day? Were you successful? Im not asking for any locations, I just want to here about some hunts in the unit. Maybe even get some pictures.

thanks

I've hunted mule deer here before unsuccessfully. Beautiful country, saw more elk than deer in November. Was seeing probably anywhere from 6-20 elk a day.

Mid Oct I guess? About anywhere up on top would be good, from Resumidero to Penas Negras.

Listen for bugles to key in on where they are.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom