71/711 4th

280ack

Well I blew 8 points on 71/711 4th for deer sure hope it pays off! I will be scouting the end of 3rd season to see how it looks. I'm hoping the bucks are not all on private.

I've been over there a couple times and noticed most deer were on private. Those landowner tags are 5-6k so trespass fees may be steep.
I'd definitely go scout and see if you can find some areas with public. The deer will move out of the higher country to the farmland to find the does during the rut and migrating when the snow hits. Might be able to find a couple decent transition areas too.

Yea they will be down by the 4th. They are generally always down by the 3rd when I hunt there. But you can find some animals on public in 711 if it hasn't snowed too hard.

LAST EDITED ON May-23-13 AT 01:10PM (MST)[p]I pulled the same tag this year with 8 NR points. I hunted that area years ago but have not been there in a very long time. There used to be some areas around McPhee reservoir that held local deer all year round and migratory deer in the winter. I won't be able to get back there until close to the opening so I will only have about four days to scout, but that is where I will be looking. I will also check on trespass fees for some of the local ranches. Might find something reasonable directly from a ranch owner versus dealing with an outfitter. Anyway, those are my thoughts on it.

Maps, GPS downloaded maps will show you some of the public lands that are behind some of the private land not landlocked but close to it, some are a long haul on foot to get around the private to get back into public, But then deer hunting isn't easy all the time. But some of the bedding area's are in some of these spots and you can catch them moving to and from the private land to the bedding area's. Find good maps of private and public land and do a overlay and you can find a good place or two.Good Luck

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thanks for all the help and encouragement guys. I cant wait for the chance to check out some new ground with the late 4th season dates.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom