9mm loads

Pre64

Very Active Member
Looking for a forgiving load using 115 grain bullets (if I can find any). Any suggestions?? Bluedot??? All tips for this load appreciated. I don't load much pistol stuff. Least not yet.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-13 AT 03:37PM (MST)[p]http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

I like titegroup and 231. Both work well and both work well in A LOT of other pistol calibers.

Look at midway usa every day. They get shipments in but they don't last long. I picked up some 115 gr FMJ and some Rainer 124 gr plated HP's but both were sold out by the time my order shipped.

A tip I find, MOST people way over crimp when seating the bullets. Read and follow the directions for your seating die. If your gun is having a hard time chambering the round, back off on the crimp a little. Too light of a crimp is a bad deal as well and you will get bullet set back when chambering. Find the happy spot and reloads are more reliable than factory stuff.

Good luck,

Todd

I like 4.5grains of Bullseye, seated to 1.130 c.o.l. for 115 grain plated bullets.

The loads shoot great in my four different 9mm pistols.

Tip: take your time and enjoy the process! (i'm sure you already knew that tho..)

I have been using 115 rem fmj in mine(sr9c) with 5.4gr of Unique. Been using the Unique because it works with a lot of my other guns, and most of my 9mm shooting is for plinking, its not my everyday gun.

With all the shortages we all might need a bunch of different powder and load combos due to the components we can get our hands on.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

True.

Wish I could get 231. I seem to be able to get Clays. Burns clean in the shotguns. Hopefully it will do the same in the 9.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom