A Bit Lazy last night....

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...so a leftover fried chicken breast from Fri. night was reprogramed into a tasty chicken salad sandwich on toasted white bread with lettuce & tomato. Added golden brown fries & slaw for extra mass.

chicksaladsand.JPG

chicksaladsand2.JPG

Hard to beat a good chicken salad or egg salad sandwich. The rotisserie chickens from Sam's or Costco are amazing for this!!
Dang, that’s a great suggestion Blank. I hate those things but my wife loves roast chicken, but she never eats much...... so I’m left to gag down what’s left....... now I’m gonna do chicken salad sandwiches, which I love.... go figure.

A lot of times I just save any leftover chicken pieces in the freezer & add them to my chicken soup when I do the 18 qt. bulk variety. But I have plenty stored up already.

We only go to the discount stores about once every month or two, for stuff like softener salt, ziplock bags, paper products, or coffee. Every time I go, she wants a chicken - I've gotten to where I go straight to the bakery for fresh croissants and then grab a chicken for her.

We shop at the Costco Business Ctr. here in Phx much like you do. We rarely buy fresh foods & only some of the bulk processed stuff, like large jar of pickled jalapeno, margarine & other stuff that keeps. We find much of the regular stuff such as coffee is cheaper at the grocery chains. That goes for most fresh meats, too. Although we don't need any, Basha's has whole beef tenderlions on sale this week for $7 lb.

Wow, that's a great price for tenderloins, even Choice. We like to support our local groceries and other stores as much as possible. Like you say, just utilizing their sales, smaller size items, or gas points programs saves a bunch of money sometimes.

Yup, we have the special cards from four different chains here for the 'member' discounts. One gives points that El uses for lots off her gas fill-ups. Another thing we take advanatge is 'Senior Weds.' -- the 1st one of a month -- when all of them give an extra 10% off. That's the day we do our heavy shopping, sometimes in more than one chain to take advantage of other sale prices, as well. Example: that tenderloin would be $6.30 lb.

Ellen also shops many 'dollar' stores here for some staples such as olive oil, olives, spices, popcorn, some canned goods, etc. One even sells fresh produce. Of course, not everything is a $1, but it's cheaper than the grocery stores even.

This is an example of my bride's dollar store buys. I put a dab of this in coffee each morning. She pays $1 for it, & whenever they have it she usually buys a dozen. Same brand & size is $6.60 on Amazon and $5.98 on eBay! Walmart shows it for $2.34 online, but El never sees it in the two Walmarts she shops at for our free $40 worth of OTC medications each month.

1629239088190.png

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom