A GUY@SPORTSMANS W-HOUSE???

B

bobcatbess

WHILE ME & JR WAS TRYING TO LOCATE HIM A GUN ON SATURDAY THE 27TH WE PULLED IN TO SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE ON 7200 SOUTH IN SLC!!!

WE NO MORE THAN GOT OUT OF THE CAR & THIS GUY WALKED UP AND SAID::::I'M EXTREMELY EMBARRASSED TO ASK BUT I'M KINDA STRANDED HERE IN SLC WAITING FOR THE GREYHOUND TO TAKE ME BACK TO SEATTLE BUT DUE TO ROAD CONDITIONS THE BUS WON'T BE LEAVING FOR AT LEAST ONE MORE DAY & I'M ASKING FOR DONATIONS SO I CAN PAY FOR A MOTEL ROOM FOR ONE MORE NIGHT!!!

SO I HANDED HIM A 20 AND YOU COULD SEE TEARS IN THIS GUYS EYES,HE STARTED COUNTING THE MONEY & SAID THAT WOULD ABOUT DO IT,SAID HE WANTED TO SHAKE MY HAND,AND I TOLD HIM GOOD LUCK!!!

(((I HOPE HE WASN'T COLLECTING MONEY FOR A NEW WEATHERBY???)))

I DON'T THINK HE WAS BS'ING ME???

ANYBODY ELSE SEE THIS GUY???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I didn't see him....I live in Idaho and didn't go there. However, I want to thank you for helping someone who needed it. Not enough of us do it often enough.....and "thank you" is not always forthcoming either.

Grant

Within the shadows, go quietly.

That was aweful nice of you, BOBCAT. I'm sure most of us don't ever see that side of you. I took you for a guy that would have told him to go sleep under a bus somewhere! It seems like a beleiveable story that he told you. You never can tell when you're getting scammed though.

Steve

That was prolly my uncle, he makes a damn good living with that SOB story....he shoulda' been a hollywood actor.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
494742f95c53a850.jpg

My father in law was stranded in SLC heading from Vegas to Idaho and he was stuck in SLC for 2 nights but made it back home for X-mas. There was alot of people there for 3 days before my in law at the station.

WTG Bobcat.

Normally i'd say something smart ass right about now, but I've been stranded and down on my luck too. This time of year is extra tough on folks that aint got enough. Just the other night on my way home from work(at midnight) I stop in for my twice weekly 18 pack, and young dude rolls up out of nowhere, with his story of trying to get to ceder city, and not having any money. I told him i'd put $15 on pump number 2.and wished him a safe trip. I hope he got there.

Thanks bess, for remembering it aint all about getting!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

One guy, he came up to me and said that him and his family are stranded and need some money for some gas. He said he was a former "Navy Officer", I said to him, "Yeah? What ship were you on? Where were you stationed at?" He couldn't even answer that!
I didn't give him any money. He was pretty upset that I didn't give him any money.
Anyways, about a couple of weeks later, I saw him at a street corner, talking on his cell phone.
My sister, her and her husband were coming out of Safeway one time and a man asked her for some money, she told him, "I'll give you a dollar, if you can do a cart-wheel!". He did a cart-wheel and my sister gave him a dollar...

Crap!!!! I didn't know that was you Tag. Made it home fine .... thanks man!

Used my gas money for beer!

Just teasing. You're a good guy. If that's a true story.

RUS

I worked on a freeway offramp project for 2 months onetime and watched a guy pan handle at the offramp stop sign from 9am til 4pm....then he would push his cart back to his suite at the Red Lion, clean up and spend his evenings wining and dining at Misty's bar.........

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
494742f95c53a850.jpg

Last week I was at Autozone with my neighbor getting him a new battery for his van. My neighbor is an attorney...(important for later in the story). We were waiting a long time in line and went outside .. me carrying the battery. Some guy followed me very closely and sort of got in my face and asked if I had any money I would give him. ( No humility here either.. IN YOUR FACE)
I replied....sure do!... The fellow proceeded to tell me he was homeless and had no food. I asked him why he was in line behind me in Autozone... he said he needed a new alternator for his Camry.
My spidey sense kicked in and I said .. you know what I think you are a scammer. That's all it took, the guy gets right in my face, heavy breathing ( I still got the battery) and said well you are a G**-Damn effin homosexual. At that point I was ready to give him a full blast when my attorney neighbor hurriedly jumped in the cab and yelled... don't instigate anything.. you'll be sorry...( that's legal 101 jargon I suppose).
I let the incident go and quazi homeless guy took off down the street. I put the battery in the back of my pickup and got in the truck... I turned to my shaking neighbor and said... I'm not a homo!
We laughed.. but he was shaking worse than a dog crappin peach stones.

Kudos to you Bess, a lot of people would have judged him, and told him to get bent. It's always nice to hear that there are people out there that still have some compassion. Well done.

Me and my friends were in the parking lot of a bar drinking beer and BS'ing before we went inside when a guy comes walking up to us and says his wife and kids are waiting up the road in a car with a flat tire and he desperately needed some money to fix it and travel to the next city. I gave him a 20 and after he left my friends gave me a bunch of crap for being stupid enough to believe him and give him money. I told them I was just gonna drink that $20.00 up anyways so what the hell. He might be telling the truth. About one month later the same guy caught me while going into a grocery store and gave me the same story. I almost took him outside! fatroosteer.

I've got to admit I'm looking at you a little different right now. That was a classy move and a great example for your son.I've been in that mans shoes myself and have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to pay it forward since.Nice gesture Bobcat,...Terry

A guy is stranded and all you can muster up is a $20 dollar bill?

Ya tight ******, pony up some coin next time...

Besides that your brother told me the real story. He said you gave the guy a $20 but made him go into the store and break it and give you $15 back cuz you wanted to have the southwestern egg rolls at Chili's for lunch.

So he said your version of the story is what we like to call "A Clinton"... :)

Bobcat, if you are going to try and buy your way into heaven, I'm afraid a guy like you will need a helluva lot more than $20 bucks in his pocket!! :)

I gave a guy some money for gas one time - similar story and MO. I didn't really care if he drank it or not (most likely always a BS story). Then when I was leaving the restaurant I was headed into when the dude caught me, I saw him "scamming" a few others in the same damn parking lot. I walked over and told them that he didn't need any money for gas, because he should still have the money I gave him earlier. It went downhill from there.

HEY HoundDawgy!!!

SO A HOUNDER SUCKS IN WHAT ANOTHER HOUNDER SAYS,LMAO!!!

AND YOU'RE RIGHT Dawgy,I AIN'T GOT ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY MY WAY IN!!!

AND HunterHarry!!!

FOR SOME REASON THIS LE ELK CRAP GETS STIRRED UP RIGHT BEFORE THE DRAWS EVERY YEAR,I POST WHAT I THINK OF THE DWR & FOR SOME REASON I NEVER PULL A TAG,WTF AM I DOING WRONG???

HoundDawgy & IKESTER SUCKED UP TO THE DWR & BY GAWD THEY BOTH PULLED PERMITS ON THE SAME YEAR!!!

I'VE NEVER BEEN MUCH OF A SUCK ASS SO I GUESS I'LL NEVER PULL THAT LE PERMIT!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

tageater said "i stop in for my twice weekly 18 pack."

i laughed my a$$ off about that one. sorry, that just sounds funny as hell. youve got me by about a 12 pack a week:) ha ha ha. still smiling about that one:)

Well I don't want to disappoint BOBCAT, but here it goes anyway I went to sportmans Friday January 2, in SLC and when I came out a guy approached me saying that he needed money for a bus ticket. Well I remembered reading this story of BOBCATs and it seemed all to much the same, so I did not give him any money, maybe I should have, but it seems like the rats keep going to the same spots asking for money using the same similar story. Sorry bess maybe it isn't the same guy, if it is you can probably go back and get your $20 from him. Thanks for posting this story probably saved me $20. Or maybe I made the wrong judgement and should have given him money. Your still a saint BOBCAT, better man than me.
ANyway sportsmans had nothing left, I bought the last 100 rounds of 300 wsm. wanted to buy some powder for reloading, nothing left for that either, no .22 rounds either.

cantkillathing!!!

SAINT???

LMAO!!!

WELL I MIGHTA GOT SUCKERED???

WOULDN'T BE THE 1ST TIME IN THIS WICKED WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!

IT DID BRING A TEAR TO HIS EYES WHEN I HANDED HIM THE 20!!!

MAYBE HE'S MORE OF A PRO THAN I FIGURED???

WHAT DID THIS GUY LOOK LIKE YOU RUN INTO???

I'D HATE TO BEG(AND HE DIDN'T BEG,HE ASKED!!!) BUT I GUESS A GUY WOULD IF HE HAD TOO???

I'M GONNA BE A LITTLE WISER NEXT TIME!!!

ASK A FEW QUESTIONS & SEE IF THEY CAN BACK IT UP???

IF I GET BACK DOWN THERE & THE SAME GUY TRIES IT AGAIN I'LL KNOCK MY 20 DOLLARS BACK OUT OF HIM!!!

I HOPE THAT AIN'T THE CASE???

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

Hey Bobcat I am stuck in my home with nothing to hunt. The bus left for Wyoming and I was supposed to go hunt a once in a lifetime elk hunt. I was wondering if you would flip the bill next year and go with me??? LOA Wether he was pulling your leg or not ( I think he was ) you are still a better person for making the effort to help a fellow man out. I believe you scored a couple of points on judgment day. Jason

I have seen a lot of fellers like this - there are always a lot of people who are "down on their luck" hanging around the UT campus, especially teenagers. Austin is a magnet for the homeless, good drug scene, good temps, plenty of parks to sleep in, a lot of liberal public empathy, town never sleeps, etc. I always have the "if I had I would give attitude" because most of the time I don't have anything to give. I look them right in the eyes and tell them sorry, if they really are sincere, they will smile back and say they understand, if they are panhandling, they just move on to the next mark.

One day I had a kid (16-17 yrs old - living on the street) ask if I had any spare change so he could get something to eat. I didn't so he moved on, later that same afternoon, it was raining and had wrapped my handkerchief around my head "do-rag" style and the kid didn't recognize me when I saw him them and he tried to sell me some mushrooms. It took me a second to realize that they wouldn't be the kind I could sautee.

Then last year in Chicago as I was at a convention, the same guy hit me up twice saying he was trying to feed his kids. Later than night, I went to a convience store across from my hotel and there he was buying a 40 oz Pabst Blue Ribbon. I guess his kids needed that too.

There are those however who are truly in need and maybe you helped someone who truly needed it. I hope so. Cynnical as it may seem, odds are that the dude just shot it all up his arm or will be drunk for a week on cheap wine and beer.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I FEEL BETTER ALREADY!!!

DIFFERENT GUY ckat!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I live in Seattle, and not sure we wanted him back up here. More than likely u just sent us another Californian...

I have just offered to go with them to the store to buy them a loaf of bread. Never had one take me up on it...funny, ain't it.

You're a good man for helping out Bessie.

HAZMAT

www.muddyroad.net

From my experience about 90% of panhandlers have some type of addiction problem and the remainder a mental illness or a combination of both. I had a relative that became addicted to heroin and left his family for a life on the streets. He was a good kid from a strong family background. My family didn't know his whereabouts for about a 4 month period. Next time you see someone on the street don't judge them, help them if you are so inclined and ask them to do you a favor in return. Ask the person to call their family and tell them that they are alive. That is someone's relative and there is a good chance that someone is wondering if they are alive or not, think about it.

Bobcat I am a little suprised but good for you, your boy learned an important lesson that day.

Rich

O.K. HerbD!!!

JR HAD PLANS OF BUYING A BENELLI SUPER NOVA WITH A 30" BARREL!!!

WE LOOKED AT BOTH SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSES & THEY CHECKED ON THEIR PUTER UP NORTH TO SEE IF THEIR STORE UP THERE HAD ONE BUT TO NO AVAIL!!!

THEY HAD THEM WITH PISSCUTTER 24-26 INCH BARERELLS BUT NO 30"ERS!!!

SO THEN WE MADE THE MISTAKE OF GOING TO CABELAS,I KNEW BETTER,YOU HAVE TO TAKE A NUMBER IN THERE,I TAKE A NUMBER & I'M 50+ NUMBERS DOWN,THIS MEANS YOU WILL NOT BE HELPED THAT DAY,I FINALLY GET A GUY TO TAKE A QUICK LOOK ON HIS PUTER TO SEE IF THEY HAVE ONE,NO,ALL THEY GOT IS 26" BARRELS,BUT THEN THIS GUY SAYS:IF I WERE YOU I'D GO DOWN TO CAL-RANCH IN AMERICAN FORK THEY'LL PROBABLY HAVE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!!!

SO WE GO TO CAL RANCH,THEY DON'T HAVE IT IN A 30" BARREL BUT THEY GOT EXACTLY WHAT MY BOY IS LOOKING FOR IN A 28" BARREL,BY THIS TIME MY BOY DECIDES A 28" BARREL WILL DO & BUYS THE GUN,75.00 LESS THAN ANYBODY ELSE WANTED FOR THEIR SHORTER BARRELED GUNS!!!

SAVED HIM ENOUGH MONEY TO GET A GUN CASE & SOME BULLETS!!!

EVERYBODY I TALKED TO SAID THE 30"ER WOULD HAVE TO BE SPECIAL ORDERED,BUT THEY DO MAKE IT!!!

THE GUN IS A BENELLI SUPERNOVA NEW STYLE CAMO 12 GAUGE 28" BARREL WITH VENTED RIB & SHOOTS 2-3/4" THRU 3-1/2" SHELLS!!!

THEM DAMN 3-1/2" SHELLS ARE SPENDY!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I have a browning auto 10ga, it came with a 28" barrel, i bought a 30 incher,it didnt pattern any better than the 28, so the 28 is what i use.

if he wants more range, get him a pattern master choke. dont order it from cabela's, call them direct, as they make long range and super long range tubes that cabela's dont list. they are the best choke i've used for the 10ga with big shot.

Bess - good job! That's the shotgun I told you about! - Glad Cal-Ranch had it!. I went in to the Sportsman's here and the shelves are freaking empty! The "Obama effect" has cleaned them out! No ammo nor powder either.

I second what Reddog said - the 28 will perform just as well as the 30 in the field. Plus you can get a bunch of chokes that will improve it.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Sorry to report Bobcat, but me and my little girl were at Sportsmans in Midvale today 1/15 and got the exact same spill. We were approached as we were getting into our vehicle to leave. I relayed to him that I was on to him and he didn't know what to say and walked off in a hurry. I guess the Greyhound hasn't left yet almost 3 weeks later. LOL If I hadn't read this before I would have been scammed too. Was the guy in his mid to upper fifties, short greyish goatee facial hair, about 6"0 and slender build, wearing a black SF ball cap? I parked again and went inside and reported it to the management. They said they would take care of it. As I was going in to report it I noticed him over next to Taco Bell attempting to scam someone else if you can believe. When I left I didn't notice him anywhere. I hope they can catch the scam artist. Nothing I hate worse than a liar and a thief. Sorry to report such bad news but hopefully others can be aware.

So..........Juan and Carlos are panhandlers in Los Angeles.

They work prtty close to each other but, Juan has a nice house, a nice paid for truck and takes several days off each month to go fishing.

Carlos works his corner hard every day and barely gets by.

Carlos asks Juan how this can be. Juan tells Carlos that his sign is bad.

Carlos's sign says, " A wife and 6 kids, need money real bad, Bless You"

.....Juan's sign reads "I only need $5 more to get back to Mexico"

I know, I know,.....nuke city, but I couldn't help myself.

HEY 6X5!!!

I BELIEVE THAT'S PROBABLY A DIFFERENT GUY ALSO!!!

THIS GUY I GAVE THE 20.00 TO WAS EITHER LEGIT OR THE BEST HOMELESS ACTOR I'VE EVER RAN IN TO!!!

WHEN I HANDED HIM THE 20 IT BROUGHT TEARS TO HIS EYES!!!

ALSO WANTED TO SHAKE MY HAND & SAID:GOD BLESS!!!

STILL DON'T KNOW IF I GOT SCAMMED OR NOT???

BUT EITHER WAY I THINK THE GUY DID APPRECIATE IT!!!

SOUNDS LIKE THEY GOT QUITE A BUSINESS GOING THERE IN THE PARKING LOT!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom