A hunter and my job at KUTV

arch3614elk

First of all I'm an outdoorsman, I go bow hunting,fly fishing, hiking. Hunting is a big part of my life. Second I'm a director at KUTV, I've been there for 28 years. I've met some very fascinating people in all my years at KUTV good and bad. I knew this story was a big deal to all types of hunters. KUTV didn't take any sides when came to reporting the story. They talked to as many people as possible, from both sides of the issues. I can tell you there's no secret agenda. In my profession we are as objective as possible. KUTV gave all parties a chance to voice their concerns and reasonings. Second, I have met quite a lot of you in the field and made some good friends, but when you accuse me of having a secret agenda and threaten me that I had better watch myself, you've gone too far. I can take care of myself I'm not worried about someone's threats.. What bothers me is a lot us so called friends in the field would rather stir the pot rather than help fix whatever problems arise..

Probably Ain't Nobody Here that's had more Death Threats than me!

Who's Offering them?

[font color="blue"]"I Don't get No Sleep!I Don't get No Peace!"
[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-16 AT 06:50PM (MST)[p]Arch, thanks go out to your company for having the guts to take this on. Claims of bias or unfair reporting are pure horse$&@! . SFW was given an opportunity to respond and just like always the rats, should say rat bastards ran for cover.

As far as I know I am the only opponent that has openly stated that I would like to see SFW cease to exist. The world would be better off without them and their philosophy of what wildlife management should be. Some try to label others involved in this effort as having vendettas or grudges. It ain't the case.

As far as threats go, physical, should be reported to law enforcement, legal threats, c'mon with that chit, let's start dragging bones out of closets.

"WE USED TO HUNT GAME TO
MANAGE, NOW WE MANAGE TO
HUNT"
Finn 2/14/16

I have wantedt hem got since the get go! I'm just glad 1000's of other hunters are startingt o see how corrupt they are.
hornkiller.jpg

Thanks to all of you guys at kutv who were involved with the story you guys did a great job.

You nailed it on the head if sfw disagreed with the story they should have defended themselves. But they know their only defense is to keep everything a secret pretty classless of their supporters to make threats.

Glad to see a story. Glad to see KUTV step up. I am curious if Fstop is going to do anything.

All i have to say to Ch.2 is THANK YOU. Could you please post the A$$ who is threatening you, Im sure we ALL would love to know. And if its a sfw guy we would love to hear their response to it

Thank you for shedding some light on this issue. Your coverage was fair and balanced and I will be sharing it with as many of my friends as possible. You have my thanks and respect for helping get this issue onto a bigger stage. I have watched this develop over the years and have been astounded that SFW continues to be able to pull the DWR's strings and take the public's money with no accountability.

Now if only someone on capital hill had the courage to look a little deeper...

Richard-

Thank you for covering this important story. Please pass our sincere appreciation along to Chris Miller. This is a story that deserves media attention. It is about time that we begin to shine a light on this problem.

Just ignore the allegations of bias by the SFW minions. We have all heard it before. There is no legitimate response to the questions being asked so they attack the the one asking the questions. It is standard operating procedure for SFW. If you or Chris have received legitimate threats then you should contact the authorities.

Thanks again for the coverage and please consider doing a follow up story. There are a number of additional issues that could be addressed, including the DWR's failure to follow its own administrative rules and the close relationships between the DWR, the Wildlife Board and SFW/MDF.

-Hawkeye-

Thank you KUTV, we needed you to show the true colors of SFW. They do not care about anyone in this state, and the DNR is right there with them. I appreciate your reporting and feel it was fair to give both sides a chance to voice their concerns. It is not your fault SFW refused to give their side.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

+1 Hawkeye I thought the coverage was very well done and fair. If SFW would not respond to the request for an interview, it speaks volumes and is their fault and nobody but theirs!

Thank you for the airtime concerning this issue. There are many of us in the same boat as you who demand accountability and transparency from SFW and the DWR. Let Chris Miller know we are grateful! There is A LOT more to this story that still needs to be recognized in the public. I have sent quite a lot of info via email to Utah Legislators and State Senators that was not included in the media coverage and I've had responses.

It's pretty sad that some will emotionally react to the coverage by making threats. You have our support and there are many on here who would love to help with additional information If need be.

I know we are headed in the right direction and I'm glad that Utah has enough proud, true sportsman who care enough about our wildlife, to help in this battle.

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning
conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife,
and the conservation of all our natural resources,
are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and
method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall
be exploited by the few against the interests of the
majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural
resources for the public as a whole, for the
average man and the average woman who make
up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give
reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the
skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of
means."

Richard-
>
>Thank you for covering this important
>story. Please pass our
>sincere appreciation along to Chris
>Miller. This is a
>story that deserves media attention.
> It is about time
>that we begin to shine
>a light on this problem.
>
>
>Just ignore the allegations of bias
>by the SFW minions.
>We have all heard it
>before. There is no
>legitimate response to the questions
>being asked so they attack
>the the one asking the
>questions. It is standard
>operating procedure for SFW. If
>you or Chris have received
>legitimate threats then you should
>contact the authorities.
>
>Thanks again for the coverage and
>please consider doing a follow
>up story. There are
>a number of additional issues
>that could be addressed, including
>the DWR's failure to follow
>its own administrative rules and
>the close relationships between the
>DWR, the Wildlife Board and
>SFW/MDF.
>
>-Hawkeye-

I would like to see a follow up story too. Hawkeye, you should be interviewed on the next one.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-16 AT 08:43AM (MST)[p]I thought it was pretty crappy journalism. If you think it wasn't slanted why the heck would one side be smooching your backside while the other side is making threats???? I am not one of these kids on here that talks about what is "fair". I understand you make a product and it has to be good enough to be consumed by the masses or your out of a job. Maybe you are on the fast track to be picked up by TMZ, but remember there is still a sector of society you can't pi$$ down their collar and convince them it's rain. Thanks for the entertainment.

Thank you for covering this important issue. I too would love to see Hawkeye interviewed.
+1 Billy. a lot was covered but a follow up would be great. I am astonished at the lack of accountability and transparency in all this. The state and sfw/MDF could really take some lessons on this from RMEF.
Tri, classy as always. Thanks for contributing

Arch I hope you are still reading the responses here.

Thanks to your station for doing this. Please continue to look into this and do a follow up because the whole story still has not been told. More specifically it would be great if you looked into the RFP process and how it was put in at last minute with no written notification to all the groups and going against the very rules for this that are in writing.

Also you should come right out and state in a follow up about the treats to you. That is total bs. I am only guessing, again only guessing, but I would have to think it would have been a SFW supporter as the program did not make them happy being exposed for how this went down and what is taking place.

Report any threats to self or property. I believe a death threat via electronic media is a felony.

What's the deal with the threat? Was it on this site? The original post didn't say.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

I thought the news story was done fine. SFW could have spoke it they wanted. I'm not surprised they didn't, there's nothing they could've said to make those against them happy, except, "we're going out of business", and that ain't happening.
Maybe they'll make a statement soon.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-16 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]What I thought was the real kicker was the interview that Canning gave coming up with the same BS again just like he did at the start of the WB meeting that gave the tag contract to SFW. All the news station needs to do is look at the jillion times a year that RMEF takes credit card payments compared to what the SFW does at the Expo and look at his statement and the points given regarding security that was a big part of the decision in awarding the contract to SFW. That alone should open things up and get the probe started into ongoing corruption within the DWR as well as the SFW/MDF!

"I can tell you there's no secret agenda. In my profession we are as objective as possible."

OMFG does he really believe that sentence????? A member of the media....objective
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
That's the best one liner I've heard on MM since 2005

Traditional >>>------->

Check your PM HorseCreek!

[font color="blue"]"I Don't get No Sleep!I Don't get No Peace!"

Hey Founder?

Did You get Permission From shotgun1 before you made your Last
Post?
[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-16 AT 04:43PM (MST)[p]I didn't get permission to post, so keep it hush, hush. I think I'm allowed to post in this thread anyway, not certain though. I sure hope I don't get in trouble.

What's the story with the threat? Anyone???

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-16 AT 05:08PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-16 AT 05:08?PM (MST)

Founder,

All I get that the OP said was, "threaten me that I had better watch myself" He doesn't say anything really beyond that. I just wanted to encourage him to report. There is no need or room for that kind of nonsense. Even if a threat is benign, it is still childish and how does one know if the the threat is real or just someone inappropriately blowing some steam?

Arch, I wanted to voice my Thanks to you for the very nice article/report. I'm a non-resident who has closely followed this issue and it's coming to a head for several years because it doesn't just effect Utah, it effects the way things might be in all the Western States sooner than later.

I'm a common man that has been hunting from a very early age on my Grandfather's Ranch. Growing up, i thought that everybody hunted, most folks i knew did, and many went on out of State hunts towards the years end. These hunts were never very expensive, gas being the biggest cost, it seemed that most anybody that wanted to go could, money was not usually a factor, just the desire to go.

SFW has fueled the process in making hunting a well off mans game. Maybe sooner or later this might eventually happen but for now, i'd like to see SFW's efforts to privatize curtailed and help keep hunting for the common Joe affordable on our own, mine-yours-everyvbody's, Public Lands.

I personally believe that what happened from the time that RMEF submitted the application for the 200 permits on the perscribed deadline day until the contract was given to SFW, was spiced with cronyism, corruption, and had to be against the law. That's my opinion but if this were proven true, i'd stand up and applaud the day that those tags were taken away from SFW, for the next 5 to 10 years, to be awarded to the RMEF or the State to handle the matter themselves in the best interests of wildlife and our common man hunting heritage. Thank You!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I don't think SFW will be around much longer now that Don has found the Donald. He will be too busy hitching his wagon onto that train.

>I don't think SFW will be
>around much longer now that
>Don has found the Donald.
>He will be too busy
>hitching his wagon onto that
>train.
Or he could join Lumpy at the political forum.

Arch,

Thanks for a well put together unbiased report. I have lots of respect for Chris Miller and KUTV. KUTV is officially my go to news outlet, all the way from talking sports with DJ to Mark and Shauna in the evenings.

>Richard-
>
>Thank you for covering this important
>story. Please pass our
>sincere appreciation along to Chris
>Miller. This is a
>story that deserves media attention.
> It is about time
>that we begin to shine
>a light on this problem.
>
>
>Just ignore the allegations of bias
>by the SFW minions.
>We have all heard it
>before. There is no
>legitimate response to the questions
>being asked so they attack
>the the one asking the
>questions. It is standard
>operating procedure for SFW. If
>you or Chris have received
>legitimate threats then you should
>contact the authorities.
>
>Thanks again for the coverage and
>please consider doing a follow
>up story. There are
>a number of additional issues
>that could be addressed, including
>the DWR's failure to follow
>its own administrative rules and
>the close relationships between the
>DWR, the Wildlife Board and
>SFW/MDF.
>
>-Hawkeye-

Yes, please look more into this story. The facts speak for themselves even if SFW wont speak then cries fowl.

Here is the information you need to get involved. it was posted on another website by an attorney that is very involved in this. Please do what you can. In light of the KUTV News story last night, many sportsmen have asked what can I do to get involved? And what can I do to help? Here are a few simple things that anyone can do to help push this toward a resolution:

1. Share a link to the story with friends and family. Share it on social media. Get the word out that there is a problem. Many sportsmen wrongly assume that all of the money raised from the Expo Tags is earmarked for conservation. I have attached a link to the news story here: http://kutv.com/news/local/allegations-of-corruption-surround-utah-hungtin-and-conservation-expo

2. Contact your state legislators ask them to look into this issue. Send them a copy of this story. Ask them to request a legislative audit of the Expo Tag program. Let them know that other legislators are already looking into this problem. Make sure to send them a link KUTV News story. I have included a link to the state?s website to contact your legislators: http://le.utah.gov/documents/find.htm

3. Contact the Governor?s office and ask them to look into this issue. Send them a copy of the KUTV News story: http://www.utah.gov/governor/contact/

4. Send an email to the DWR and the Wildlife Board. I highly doubt that the DWR is going to do anything to remedy this problem given that they just signed a new 5-year agreement with SFW but they still need to hear from us. I sat in a meeting earlier this week with representatives from the DWR and the Governor?s office and they both stated that they assumed sportsmen were happy with the status quo because they have not heard from us. That comment was laughable but perhaps we have not been vocal enough. I have included the email addresses for the DWR and Wildlife Board members:

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

If you don't use email, pick up the phone and call these folks. If you have time, do both. As you reach out to people and express your concerns, please remember to be polite and professional. Many of us have strong feelings on this issue but there is no value in personal attacks or name calling. Your comments and concerns are much more effective when they are sincere and factual.

Good luck and let your voices be heard.

Find Your Elected Officials:
https://www.nssf.org/GovRel/takeAction.cfm?officials

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom