A30 or X zone archery

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
I've got six preference points going into the 2020 draw. It's been my plan for years to draw the A30 hunt and chase blacktails in the rut. I've got experience hunting mule deer in the rut in Arizona and eastern Colorado with the bow. I hear blacktail are similar. Being in the real estate business I probably can secure private land through my contacts to hunt around Covelo. I live in Mendo. I'm debating using my points and a Blacktail hunt versus going up and hunting one of the archery X zone units like four through seven. A couple units like X5b archery are not in reach with 6 points but most are. Looking for some comments either for or against these two wildly different type hunts. I've had friends that I've hunted ask for with the rifle and have struggled but during the archery season I'm sure it's a lot easier to find the deer.

I've been on the A30 hunt a couple times now and it's alot of fun if u can get some weather. I had the tag last year and saw 23 bucks on the day after Thanksgiving when that storm hit and I didn't have any private property to hunt unfortunately, that was all on public. Feel free to PM me if you want I can give u some more details on what and where we saw good stuff. Good luck whichever u choose

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom