Very Active Member
I'll be in Rawlins starting the 25th for a week antelope hunt. Can someone recommend a clean cheap hotel you would stay in.
Agreed! Right on target there. ASAP on reservations!! Best of luck !When I am in Rawlins I stay at the Comfort Inn. It is mid-level in price and clean. There are a couple of other hotels very close to the Comfort Inn that should be good also. You have better make reservations somewhere ASAP.
"Cheap" hotels are inexpensive for a reason. Good luck.
Have you ever been to Rawlins, nice houses are few and far between!! LOL..
You really do need to explain your avatar someday.I stayed in the little cabins at the KOA on my hunt there a few years ago, it's still camping almost, they have a community kitchen(outdoors) and tables and a shower so you can get by with bringing a lot less stuff, heading out next week myself for Rawlings, bringing a trailer this time, good luck on your hunt
You really do need to explain your avatar someday.
Would be interested to hear about your experience at the Econo Lodge, Bob....to see how it compared to mine!I was just there on the 1st and stayed in an Airbnb for $50/night. Going back on the 23rd and staying at the econo lodge.
Only reason to not stay at an Airbnb is you pay for set days whether you leave early or not. Airbnb makes it easy to work up elk and antelope.
5. The tub/shower did not drain. (I left this one off my earlier post.) Spent two weeks in the backcountry, came out and spent one night at the hotel. Took one shower, and the water in the tub was up past my ankles in dirty water by the time I was done showering.Specific to the hotels in Rawlins, I would NOT recommend the Econo Lodge.
I stayed there for one night in September 2021 because I needed a room from 10:00 pm until 8: am the next morning. I called around and they were the cheapest....for a reason!
A couple of issues:
1. The water in the shower was scalding hot.
2. The control knobs on the bathtub/shower were loose and weren't "dialing" correctly. (Much like a cheap scope, lots of play and horrible return to zero!) Obviously, this made item #1 above exponentially worse!
3. The in-room HVAC unit was exceptionally loud and the room was uncomfortably hot; I turned on the AC to cool things down a bit, and the noise from the AC unit was so bad it made it difficult to sleep!
4. Breakfast the following morning was a brown-bag, "grab-and-go" deal, (which is fine.) The provided apple juice was, indeed, cold, but upon opening, the entire inside of the juice cup was filled with mold. The chocolate chip oatmeal bar was also expired.
Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.
We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.
Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.