ACCUBONDS VS PARTITIONS???:D:D:D

elkassassin

Long Time Member
If I Could Just Buy POWERPOINTS for My 300 RUM!:D

I Want Something as Close to them as I can get!

From What I Understand the Accubonds Might be Slightly More Accurate than the Partitions?

I Won't Use/Shoot anything Lighter than 180's in this Gun!

Con's?

Pro's?

Experiences?

Target?

And in the Field on Deer & Elk?

Thanks!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Some of my smallest 100 yard group during load development have been with Partitions. My smallest group at hunting distance has been with a 175 grain Partition as well, so don't discount the accuracy of the Partition. The Accubonds are very accurate too and seem to hold together well...can't go wrong with either...shoot both and pick the best grouping one. In the 300 RUM, I'd switch to the 200 grain Accubonds and Retumbo...that load hauls and it's scary accurate at distance. I'd tell how much, but you wouldn't believe it!!! LoL

Thanks!

I Don't Reload!(Ya I Know,I Should!)

So?

You Think the 200's are better than the 180's?

way with Words[/font]

Partitions are a great bullet and there's not going to be much difference between that and the Accubonds out to 500 yards. I have a 300 RUM too and tried the Accubonds there ok. The Berger 185 shot real good at the range but I wasn't to impress with the knock down o but.... they did get me my deer. Now I'm looking at Hornady's ELD it seams like there the new thing now. . So if your going to shoot past 500 yards Id go with a higher BC bullet.

I have a custom 300 RUM and a factory 300 RUM with who knows how many rounds through it. I've been shooting 180 grn Accubonds out of the factory gun since 2003 or so. I was shooting both this fall getting ready for hunting season. This group was with 180 grn Accubonds out of the factory rifle. They shoot 9" low at 400 yards. Given the way it shoots, I'm still debating whether I should sell the scope on it and put on one with ballistic turrets and make it my long ranger...

79425180grnaccubonds.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-16 AT 10:30PM (MST)[p]I bought a case of Remington 300 ultra mags to fire form. I can shoot them in my 300 Tejas. They are 200 grain Nosler Partitions. I was surprised how well they group even though I am just fire forming them to reload. We have always used them with great results on big game. The only problem we have had is them shedding their case or separating at high velocities. I saw some ELD-X 212 grain loads at Sportsmans. Thats the factory load we are going to try in my sons 300 RUM. He doesn't what to have to reload all of the time. I thought I saw some HSM loads there as well with Berger bullets. I can't remember what grain of bullet. If you don't reload that's a good place to start.

I have shot them both. The partition has out performed the accubond. I shot a bull.this year at 370 yards and it broke both shoulders and almost went thru the far side. Lodged against the skin. Same thing last year at over 550 on another bull
almost the same out to 700 as far as ballistics.
i did have good results with the accbond but my rifle likes the partitions better.. both 160 grn.

I get slightly better groups with accubonds...but I think it may be gun specific.
I know accubonds do a good job on game!

Just an -06 guy,but the AB's in 165 have even outshot the Barnes I had been using,& way better than Partitions.Mine shoots 165's way better than 180's.Factory ammo. Partitions work great in my 30-30.

Used 250gr accubonds in my 338 rum this year. Factory loads. The bull I killed this year did not complain and they performed flawlessly. Very accurate!

I get sub MOA from most of my guns with both nosler bullets. a couple shoot the partition better one shoots the accubond better. I can't get the LRAB to shoot for crap.

The accubond has a better BC, if it wasn't for that there would be no need for the accubond.

unless I'm hunting where I plan to shoot beyond 500 yards I use nothing but the partition anymore. I hear stories of under expansion in bonded core bullets , I don't know how much truth there is to it but I have 100% confidence in the partition.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

The only rifle I regularly shoot AccuBonds in is my 375 H&H in Africa. The 260 gr loads are amazing. Love the performance and accuracy, and I have killed everything from bushbuck to eland with them. Expansion is fabulous, and weight retention is always 60-70%. They blow thru smaller animals and leave a blood trail 20 feet out the other side.

I just bought a box of the Nosler trophy Grade 300 RUM, with 180 gr AccuBonds. Will give them a try and see how well they shoot compared to the Rem Premier loaded with 180 gr Scirrocco's. The Barnes Vortex are nice too, and in my Rem 700 shoot under an inch in any weather or temperature.

Bess, you should handload or get one of us to do it for you. I have shot partitions for 24 years out of my 300. Started before Accubonds and don't see a reason to switch. As has been mentioned, they just work and the ballistic difference is minimal. I shot a 30" buck with the 180 grain partition at 250 yards in 2005. The buck was behind a juniper tree and I tried to sneak the bullet through a small hole in the tree branches. Missed the hole in the branches and went through a 3 and 5/8" (measured) chunk of hard old juniper. The bullet looked like it hit the buck while tumbling, but still had enough OOMPH to go through the front shoulder, both lungs, the offside shoulder and come to rest under the hide. Tbuck went about 50 yards and was dead.

Because of that, I'll stick with the partition. I'm old and hope I can use it for as long as I'm around. I've killed deer, elk, moose, antelope and even a few random coyotes with it. Not the best for the coyotes, but it does well on everything. I trust it and it is also pretty decent in our wind in Wyoming. You are right to not consider anything under 180.

Holler if I can help. All of us on MM owe you. Best of luck.

I handload both bullets for my 280 rem. They both shoot accurately but I almost always hunt with the partition as they've never failed me.

7 Mag

Thanks ICM!

Thanks to Where I Live you just can't Buy what You Want!

PARTITIONS were what I wanted!

Not What I Got though!

I Did Get 3 Sealed Boxes of NOSLER Trophy Grade 210 GR ACCUBONDS!

Hopefully within a week or two I'll be letting a few of them Fly!

One More Thing ICM!

Them Bucks Used to Like Hiding Behind Tree's!

They can't Do That Anymore!:D

way with Words[/font]

Bess, you won't be sorry using the Accubonds over the Partition. Especially in a high velocity cartridge like the RUM. Trust me. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-16 AT 04:54PM (MST)[p]I use 200 grain accubonds in my 300 RUM and they kill every year. I have killed elk out to 437 yards with them. You will not be disappointed! However, if shooting a deer with this bullet, you may ruin a little meat in the process of killing it LOL!

> Thanks!
>
>I Don't Reload!(Ya I Know,I Should!)
>
>
>So?
>
>You Think the 200's are better
>than the 180's?
>
>Myself, I have always opted toward a heavier bullet, especially with high velocities, because if they hit bone they'll perform better. Since you don't reload, you really need to try both and see which one shoots best, out of your rifle. I've got a 300 Mag and the 180's had tighter groups than the 200's. So, I stayed with the 180 Accubond.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U.
>in My Future,Ya She's got
>a