Adventure Is Out There

D_Hoyt

I’m optimistic that I will draw a limited entry elk tag in Utah in 2024 with 22 bonus points or a once-in-a-lifetime mountain goat permit with 20 bonus points 🐐.

I put my daughter in for general season rifle deer, youth elk, limited entry elk, and moose. This will be her second season hunting. Last year, she had a general season deer tag and took one shot with a muzzleloader. She missed that buck, but we had a lot of fun together. Those daddy daughter dates are my favorite.

20230927_085327_Original.jpeg

I took my second dedicated hunter buck last year, so I’m on the bench this year for general season deer in Utah. Below are images of the two bucks that I took as a dedicated hunter.

2023 general season buck:
20230904_103716~2_Original.jpeg

2022 general season buck:
20220930_104658_Original.jpeg

We also bought points in Colorado and will do the same for Wyoming. The game plan is to start cashing those in starting in 2026 after I get back from my first hunt for plains game.

We finished renovating our home last year and we recently obtained building permits to build a 1,040 sq ft addition above our concrete garage. I’m going to be focused on framing up the addition, wrapping the exterior, and getting the roof on before winter. I will be building a man cave as part of this project in addition to the 550 sq ft studio apartment that will become a rental. Furthermore, my ceiling in my garage will also be 10 feet all the way around after this project, so I’ll have lots of places to hang up my mounts upstairs in the man cave and downstairs in the garage.

IMG_1785.jpeg

Best of luck to everyone in the draws and happy hunting.

Adventure is out there!

20230930_072253_Original.jpeg

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom