AK Dall Video

chewyman55

While dreaming about drawing the tag...I was browsing some Youtube vids. Here's a pretty good one as far as capturing the true Alaskan experience. Good hi-def footage. It doesn't have a kill shot nor does it show the ram very long but it will bring back some memories for you that have been lucky enough to chase the Dalls.

Thanks for the link; great video and it really does bring it all back. I was lucky enough to hunt with Alaska Trophy Adventures in 2003 and had the best hunt of my life.

Those videos stir some great memories, so I will add another. This link is a video my son's guide put together of his sheep hunt. The guide did all the videoing and editing which is pretty amazing in and of itself. We both killed great rams, but his is on video. Enjoy:

By the way marley, who ended up with the sheep? I vaguely recall you got hosed on that one? Maybe I am wrong.

Yeah I got hosed.

Those videos stir some great memories,
>so I will add another.
> This link is a
>video my son's guide put
>together of his sheep hunt.
> The guide did all
>the videoing and editing which
>is pretty amazing in and
>of itself. We both
>killed great rams, but his
>is on video. Enjoy:
>
>
>
>
>By the way marley, who ended
>up with the sheep?
>I vaguely recall you got
>hosed on that one?
>Maybe I am wrong.

Oh yeah I remember watching that video a while back Marley. That one had me on pins and needles as the rams put more and more distance between you! I won't even ask about the result so as not to bring back the memories!

Littlebighorn, thanks for that vid. Amazing country and some ridiculous trophies there. Nice rams and that caribou is out of this world. Any idea on if they went back later to get the bull??

Holy smokes what a bull ! Those tops...and the back scratchers. That thing is built right! I didn't go back and compare the videos...was your son the lucky hunter of the caribou too?

chewy,
Yes, my son shot the bull as well. He is pretty spoiled for sure, but the experience was priceless and it is pleasantly etched in our souls forever.
That north country infects your blood and the yearning to go back is almost more than a man can stand.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom