AK Director and SFW Board Member Busted

BigFin

Seems pretty easy to connect the dots of corruption in this case.

AK Fish and Game Director, Corey Rossi, a founding board member of AK SFW got busted for some illegal bear hunting with his buddies from Utah. Evidently him being a guide and Director of AK F&G makes him above the law, in his mind.

I remember SFW bragging that they got Rossi appointed as director as "A friend of Sarah." Sent the former director to a remote outpost, for no apparent reason, other than he wasn't one of their own.

Link provided here about the charges against Director Rossi - http://www.adn.com/2012/01/12/2260922/wildlife-chief-charged-with-hunt.html

Did a quick search of "Corey Rossi Don Peay SFW" and came up with this link below. Lots of links come up, but here is the first that Google gave.

http://www.themudflats.net/2011/11/16/a-disaster-for-alaskas-department-of-fish-and-game/

The connection doesn't stop there. Mr. Rossi has been handing out Governors tags to his SFW buddies in Utah. The link below shows where 4 of the 11 AK governor's permits got handed over to SFW/SFH to be auctioned in UT next month.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/license/huntlicense/pdfs/2012_winners.pdf

And we always know that when the storm starts about SFW cronies, the "I don't know that guy" story will come forward. So, since we know there will be the same denial story here, as there was when SFW got caught trying to kill the MT and ID wolf seasons, I provide the link below to show that Mr. Rossi was thought of as one the political plants of SFW. Just read the column on the left of the page.

http://mudflats.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/don-peay-_-rossi-appointment.pdf

For those who don't want to download Mr. Peay's column at the link above, the part I refer to is provided here:

"Many of our members are politically positioned to help SFW in the fight. Robert Espinosa, a founder of SFW New Mexico, was recently appointed by Governor Martinez to the New Mexico Game and Fish Commission. Corey Rossi, a founding member of SFW Alaska was appointed Game and Fish Director by Governor Parnell."

And people wonder why the rest of the world is trying to clean the landscape of the pox that has been brought to us by SFW.

I live in MT and spend way too much time in the State and Federal political battles fighting against SFW and their self-serving ideas. They have done nothing but try to screw the resident hunter in MT. And this week we find them trying to do the same to hunters in AZ and AK.

And those in charge think we are dumb enough to believe "Each state SFW chapter operates indendently." Yeah, right.

Anyhow, grab your popcorn and wait until the thread gets locked.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Wow, all in the same week...AZSFW gets rolled...and now AKSFW is headed down the drain.

Dont forget that WYSFW/Bob Wharff have also tried repeatedly to put the screws to Wyoming resident and non-resident hunters by pushing for transferable landowner tags as well as outfitter sponsored tags. SFW, along with BGF, are also responsible for wolves still being listed in Wyoming.

SFW needs to be out of every State, they dont do anything "good".

Good post Big Fin. This shows how money corrupts the process and taints these so called "Sportsmans Groups". I don't for a minute think that SFW is the only group engaging in this type of behavior.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-12 AT 09:13AM (MST)[p]Leadership/people corrupt the groups...money doesnt corrupt on its own.

This group is the worst thing to ever happen to game management and the average family hunter. Like turning over the cash box to a bunch of crooks. If you want to end up like NM with 6% DIY non resident tags and 10% for outfitters only plus a ton of landowner tags go for it. Never going to happen here in Arizona.

You guys are just jealous! If you had money like these guys you would do the same thing! Don and SFW have done more for wildlife in this state than anyone! SFW is stopping the spread of wolves! SFW in now taking ideas to save mule deer!
There, now I covered the excuses, now feel free to talk openly.

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

I'm sure you'll not hear from Don...he's busy trying to spin this one into a wolf or mule deer issue.

Whatever happens, there will be excuses from him for sure.

After what I read about SFW in Utah, the real stuff not the BS, there was no way I could support them in AZ. The events of the last week have made me happy with my decision. SFW in all its many faces needs to go away. We need an organization that truly represents the interests of wildlife and sportsmen to step in and do the proper job.

I for one don't expect anything less from an affiliate of SFW/BGF.
I'm sure poaching is just something he got caught doing. The really big stuff they get away with.

Donny should give us his account of the black eye SFW is getting these days.

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

Hossblur.....

Are you seriously telling me that you don't see the corrupt connections here. In ONE M&M'ers post, you can easily see the corruption in these high positions throughtout F&G that have ties to SFW that all is shown is greed and corruption. I'm sure if one searched, they could fine TONS more articles throughout the internet of other cases and other ties. I have to ask. Did you read those articles in his post? It doesn't take a lot of brains to connect the dots. WE WANT PEOPLE TO FIGHT FOR OUR HUNTING RIGHTS WHO ARE NOT OUT FOR PERSONNEL GAIN.

SFW can say all they want about how they're trying but from what proof has been shown me in this thread, all I see is greed and personnel gain and corruption.

What ever happened to personnel satisfaction of doing something for others and not wanting nor expecting anything in return.
It makes me sick.

I agree, I would not at all be surprised if Bob Wharff had some personnel agenda that he is trying to subdue using his corrupt political friends to change for him.

Makes me wonder how deep this disease runs in the SFW system.

Un-friggin-believable. How anyone can support SFW or any of it's "independently run" state chapters is beyond me. They will be the death of the North American Hunting model.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Just think of the millions of $ made at the expo with the publics tags. Where is this going??? Well I guess a good portion will be going to Ak to keep that guy out of the clink.

SFW gives the word corrupion a bad name. Been watching them for 10 years and they continue taking it to a new level each year. I believe their leader is psychologically deranged.

Hitler had the same delusions of grandeur even at the end of the war when the conclusion was inevitable. They both thought/think they can get away with anything, anytime.

At least all the expo attendees know where there money is going to bail SFW board members out of jail and their legal fees. So I guess we shouldn't see a hundred threads about where the expo money is going and SFW's transparency this year.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-12 AT 12:51PM (MST)[p]Nick--are you serious? or just being sarcastic?

Maybe this two'fer ~ AK & Az.~ will finally start the -chit runs down hill-

With all the Politcals---seeing it is always best to avoid the bigshot $cam artists for Mo-public/tag money.

Were does all that big money from the Expo Apply-Apply-Apply--tags go anyways?

Robb

WTF Where are all the S.F.W. lovers?

I will say it again 20 years and millions of dollers later they havent done $$$hit for wildlife now there breaking the law with S.F.W. supporters money glad you idiots made these guys rich for nothing!!! WAFJ

Don your group is a peice of $$$hit!!!!

hornkiller.jpg

What's more obscene than this guy's game violations is the fact he was appointed to a position this high and DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A COLLEGE EDUCATION.........in anything........much less wildlife management!

So an uneducated guy gets the top position and unilaterally made the decision to give away 30% of Alaska's governor's tags to SFW for the expo. Are you crappin me???

Well the Utah SFW supporters certainly are right about one thing. SFW knows how to get things done.

Maybe all the SFW supporters could answer these simple questions. If SFW can obtain and auction these tags why cant your state F&G agency do the same and not let these thieves get a piece of it? Wouldnt all the money made have to be accountable through a state agency?

Holy Screw-up, Batman.....don't let them know Full Curl is any part of this!?!?!?

Sh-t, the boat has taken on water......

>Wow, still nothing from SFW???
>
>Licking wounds?

Ya right there going to pretend this never happend!

Been saying it all along S.F.W. are full of it!

Where are all the lovers saying there is a big understanding in this?

Don peay and his group are a bunch of ####es.

hornkiller.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-12 AT 06:53PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-12 AT 06:38?PM (MST)

Birdman...keep defending the crooks. I cant believe anyone would defend this latest crap from SFW...you've done more than drank the kool-aid.

Its like a nightmare...and it just keeps getting worse:

Officials of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game on Friday refused to release the letter of resignation submitted by former Director of Wildlife Conservation Corey Rossi, a man now charged in what looks to be an increasingly messy illegal bear hunt.

Rossi, according to court documents, didn't just cover up bear kills made by two wealthy out-of-state hunters. He also used the name of a guide he apparently didn't know to book the 2008 hunts.

At the time, Rossi was a licensed assistant guide and needed the name of a licensed registered guide on paperwork to make the hunt legal.

Rossi used the name of guide Joe Dilley of Kenai. Dilley said Friday he was shocked when Alaska Wildlife Troopers showed up at his home in December wanting to see his records for a bear hunt with three men he didn't know. Dilley said he explained to troopers he hadn't taken the men in question on any hunt. Troopers then told Dilley his assistant guide -- Corey Rossi -- said otherwise. Dilley's reaction was simple: Who is Corey Rossi?

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/new-details-emerge-alaska-wildlife-chiefs-resignation

Birdman,

The poaching charges are just icing on the cake. It is freaking obvious Don Peay had a hand in getting Rossi the job appointment in return for handing over 4 governor's tags for Peay's SLC circus. Read the article posted by Big Fin!!! Amazing considering this dope had ZERO COLLEGE EDUCATION!!! Are you crappin me??? This was all recognized in the article from a year ago. Rossi's political debts were paid at the expense of the citizens of Alaska. Many were irritated but were powerless to do anything until this clown gave them an excuse to fix their mistake, due to this chance poaching issue.

Read the articles before you post!

So we should just turn a bling eye to these a$$ clowns when they break the law cause someone did it before?

Your a ####en joke just like S.F.W.

hornkiller.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-12 AT 07:52PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-12 AT 07:52?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-12 AT 07:04?PM (MST)

birdman,

Try connecting the dots...its pretty easy.

connectdots.gif

Birdman:

You serious? Where have you been getting your information, dkpeay's posts here on MM, the blog posts of Big Game For Us?

Read the posts from ABE, feduptwo, 30plus, or Non-typical at the thread link listed below? All of you seem to have slurped the same Kool-aid while defending the SFW and BGF in the thread link below.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b...z=show_thread&om=17620&forum=DCForumID5&omm=0

In that thread, it was when SFW/BGF got caught misrepresenting NRA, B&C, and others while trying to screw MT and ID out of our wolf seasons. They failed miserably and a bunch of their supporters made fools of themselves by listening to the spoon feeding from the leadership of SFW and BGF. Might want to read that thread before following the same path.

This time it is criminal activity in AK, when an SFW Board Member and a political plant of SFW committed a crime in his official government position that Don Peay claims was a result of SFW putting him there. Rossi used the license of some guy who didn't even know who he was.

You implying that SFW/BGF have full disclosure is laughable. Please, save yourself the embarrassment and do some fact checking before posting again. It will save you a lot of headache. Just ask ABE, feduptwo, and the others listed above.

Now that we are hunting wolves in MT and ID, I go back and read that thread for entertainment. The guys SFW sent to their rescue were so clueless and their projections are right up there with the guy who predicted the world would end in 2011. Thanks for the entertainment.

Buzz, I am afraid that bird you posted has too many numbers for some of the SFW choir.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

"At least I attend the meetings and learn how things go."

Evidently the kool-aid they serve at the meetings = brainwashing?

Anyone who supports, donates or believes this organized group of criminals are complete jerk-offs.

Birdman your a dip $hit i dont shoot nothing i dont have a tag for!

I get my info from the law are they full of it to?

You must be one of the idiots that think S.F.W. is doing the right thing and making a diffrence or your just getting old and have no clue?

Keep going to the meeting and listen to all the lies they feed into your empty a$$ brain!

No i dont hang out with poachers dumb ####.

hornkiller.jpg

"I attend most all the RAC and the Big Game Board meetings as well as anything that the Division puts on. That way I know what they are saying and gives me an idea where things stand."

You dont think they post the whole meeting on the web or you can tune right in and listen.

Since you go to all the meetings that they are still asking for any ideas how to fix there #### up's after how many years and millions of dollers there ideas are like just like a blind guy playing with a skunk!

Go back to stories R us!

hornkiller.jpg

"It is interesting to read all the hate there is for SFW and Don Peay. I looked up the sights given on the lead of this story. It looks like Rossi committed the crime before he was appointed to the office he later held. It is true he committed a crime. How does that make SFW guilty."

Lets hire dipshhits that break the law to head are org!

Is this how don thinks bird?

hornkiller.jpg

And you feel as you can go hunt any field or property as its your own right? poacher!

The deal with the elk i wasent even old enuf to hunt nor had any idea of what happend. So keep your mouth going and i will shut it for you old man!

Yes i know who you are ####en idiot.

Lets just say keep your dogs inside.

hornkiller.jpg

Horndiller, how much have you done for wildlife, besides take? Maybe everything SFW does is not "perfect" in you eyes or the eyes of some, but they are the only organization that has done "something" to try and help wildlife in the west. I absolutely do NOT agree with ALL SFW's stances and proposals, but until SOMEONE does more than they are, then stand aside and lets atleast see something happen for wildlife. So they take some tags and make some money, nobody else can raise money like that, and if you want to make the claim that they have done nothing, then you are as blind as you are stupid. I am NOT saying support them, they don't want you anyway, but until they quit making things happen please disapear. No person on this earth is perfect, but does that mean their whole life is a failure....hardly so. Weigh it out, the good they do versus the bad and i think u will wake up....wait i think u are already dead from the neck up.

If i see a wild dog chasing deer the son of a bictth wont be sick
Mr.strong thats why i said leave them at home!

No i dont mess with peoples animals that are behaving.

No I dont kill out of season nor hang aroung with people who do so dont go run your mouth like you know me you old senile basturd and leave my family name off your post!

This is about S.F.W.

If you set up to the expo and preech there lies to get a hat or magazine for free just drop it and i will buy you a hat how does that sound?

hornkiller.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-12 AT 09:21PM (MST)[p]O Mr Madsen, You make me laugh. I do not worry about my dogs chasing deer. They don't. Yes I will be at the expo. I go there every year. The free hat and free mag. I do not need. I enjoy talking to the venders. Enjoy talking to the true sportsmen. You are right I am sorry for referring to the poaching situation. It took place I guess when you were to young. I know there was a mistake. I think he is a great individual. Just made a misunderstanding. To bad nothing of him rubbed off on you. You will never measure up to him. I know I am not as young as I use to be. Much wiser and smarter. Someday you will learn also. I am sure people are getting a good kick out of this. Mr. Madsen. thanks for giving me a good evening. I will leave you now to think your way and carry on with the great language you seem to use. I do not use that language so I guess I am not a man. Keep up being that great hunter you are. By the way, are you a resident of both Utah and Wyoming or do you just hunt both places? Just wondering. You have a great evening Mr. Madsen.

You are one cocky sob.

No im not man with the words i use never said i was but thanks for telling me.

Who ever you get all this info from must be as big of an idiot as you are to belive it!

I have never hunted wy but i have watched some animals die then right after i have seen the tag filled out.

As for me hanging out with unethical hunters you might want to watch who you hang around i know more than you think i know.

I am glad you turn this into a personal fight insted of telling us what S.F.W. is all about. You dont see don on here making a stand he has you ants to try and defend but it dont work!
Enuf people see the light im hopeful you guys are on a down hill slope.

hornkiller.jpg

Well boys, I've been a long time SFW supporter and as I type this I have a huge knot in my gut. I have defended them over the years and I honestly thought they did some good. I do think they woke the UDWR up when they first started this whole movement to improve hunting in Utah. I've seen habitat projects done and participated in many. I've seen herds of sheep grow and buffalo grow as well. I've seen Utah's elk herd grow from almost extinction to one of the best in the west and as a member of SFW I was quite proud and really couldn't understand why others couldn't see the "progress". However, over the years I have been a witness to the steady decline of our deer herds and the constant barrage of BS coming from SFW, MDF, and our illustrious DWR biologists. They have continually touted a better than 17/100 buck to doe ratio that I could never understand. I have spent thousands of dollars at banquets and donated thousands of dollars in hunts, equipment and time. I could never really wrap my head around the MDF organization either because of the lack of mule deer I was seeing. As a result, I quite attending the MDF banquets, the SFW banquets and any other banquet that had any auction tags. I will be the first to admit that I profitted from a few of the auction tags. I believed that a few of those tags were great to benefit the wildlife with 90% of the resulting funds going back into wildlife preservation. As a sportsman, I wanted to believe that the efforts I put forth and the money and time I donated was the right thing. I involved my family, especially my kids, in the whole conservation process and I believed it was the right thing to do. At that time, I am still convinced it was the right thing to do. I would hope that when Don started SFW that he felt the same way and that there were no hidden agendas. Looking back to the beginning of SFW and following the progression (or regression, whichever you want to call it)to present day it is obvious that somewhere along that road, somebody took a major detour. Although I continue to believe that you have to have some political clout to get things done anymore, it is way too easy to allow corruption to infiltrate a good thing. Just watch the news. It's everywhere in our society. Every single one of you guys that have been against SFW can proudly wear that "I told you so" t-shirt now. The sad thing is now what? If the big bad wolf goes away, that will leave a pretty huge financial void for the DWR to fill. A bunch of internet junkies like us can't (and generally won't) do shi+ to help. Just out of curiosity, how many of you put an added donation on your big game application every year? That doesn't go to SFW or any other "Con Org" but I've seen the statistics and it's pretty piss poor. I like what the boys stand for at UWC. I like the way they do business and conduct themselves and although I don't agree with everything they believe in they are doing something. There needs to be some organization to represent hunters as a whole. Hunters have to come together and find middle ground. Most are NOT willing to do that. I guess I'm a little embarrassed about this whole fiasco with Alaska and Arizona. I know I will be asking some serious questions to those people I see at the Expo every year. I will be there all 4 days working on behalf of a company that I believe in, Vortex Optics. I will also support many of the companies there as well because they are Sportsmen and women like me that are spending a lot of money to advertise their products to the hunting community in this unforgiving economy. Sorry about the rant but I felt it necessary because I have been a vocal defender of SFW on this site. By the way, I still like kool-aide but it has to be grape flavor.:) Best to all.

It's always an adventure!!!

There is nothing SWF has done for wildlife that could have been done better by the UT F&G. More money could have been put in projects instead of pockets. You guys in UT need to really think "how can we get our F&G to do this ourselves"
The answer is pretty easy, raise tag prices for everyone, not just for the rich guys who don't have to earn points. All wealth tags should be banned.

There are few things that will test a man's character anymore than will money, power, or ladies. Few guys, in high positions can handle the power and the temptations that come with it. And sadly the same can be said for money. It is so easy to let greed creep into and destroy the equation. And once you have power and money, the additional temptation of sex seems to surface. So it really is a triple edged dagger.

I think so few really understand how men become power mongers and the negative effect it can have on many people. It is much like a drug to many. The more they have the more they need.

The general statements I made above about sex are just that, general statements and I have never heard or seen of one person in SFW being accused of chasing ladies. I want to make that straight.

But on the power and money issue, I personally think that derailed Don's wagon and once it did I separated myself from SFW. It was a great idea and there certainly is a need for a great organization to do what they set out to do. But money and power ruined it as it does so many good ideas and men.

Have a good one. BB

they are crooked lying scammers that has been proven.where there is smoke there is fire.and this is probably just the tip of the iceberg.but i encourage everybody who strongly disagree's with something in the state. to contact your governors office and file a complaint.this truly should open some eyes up

Bull no worries maybe SFW send you or one of your daughters on a hunting or fishing trip, or even better yet order thousands of dollars of optics from you at the show. Then you will be on board.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-12 AT 10:44AM (MST)[p]AWAB,

In a couple other threads I posted that I wouldn't be going to the EXPO, as usual. After reading your post, along with some of the other things you have done, I have changed my mind, and will donate the door admission and go, simply for the single purpose of meeting you. It is rare these days to meet a good man of character and it would be an utter shame for me to lose that opportunity.

With this SFW debacle, I for one am not saying "I told you so", I am filled with a couple of emotions, and one is sadness. I believe you hit the nail on the head with your post, and it is an utter shame that an organization we as hunters trusted and supported (I wasn't here in the SFW early years and have never been a member, but really liked some of the things they accomplished with money from our tags, though I don't believe in the whole process as it is) could let itself slide down the hill as they have.

Anyway, hope to see you at the EXPO and speak with you a bit.

Perry Hanks

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

All SFW members should be asking for D Peay's resignation. If he doesn't go, this organization might not ever get past this. There are great sportsman's groups that do far more for our wildlife than SFW.

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

Hard to interpret internet fuddle but was that meant to be some sort of a slam Russ? Not sure how to take that comment. If it's meant the way it's written it sounds like you are assuming that I am some sort of SFW chrony. If so, you're sorely mistaken my friend. I haven't received one single penny from SFW. They have never, nor will ever buy any optics from me. I've donated some to them but that's about it. All I've ever done is try to do the right thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

No slam Bull I respect you. It just seems like if your in the know (smart people with influnece like you) SFW will try and grease your wheels.

You give me way too much credit. You identified the problem. I wasn't in the know and really don't know how much influence this old boy can have. I am about as average as a guy can get with a passion for hunting not unlike many of you. I have been around the industry for a long time now and I've really tried to lay low. Even when we had our outfitting business I didn't really advertise much or tout our success like other outfitters do. I hunted elk back in the 80's when you had to hunt 2-3 years sometimes to even see an elk. I felt like then, and still do, that SFW stepped in and pretty much stopped the DWR from completely hunting Utah out. I honestly believe that they did the right thing and have done some fantastic things with conservation in mind. However, I do think it has gotten way out of hand over the 5+ years and with the recent developments it just cemented some of my concerns. The DWR has to held accountable for our wildlife. I believe that sportsmans awareness is at an all time high and that there will be some huge changes in the near future. The only way that Utah survives is through the combined efforts of sportsman in finding common ground and doing what's right for wildlife, NOT what's good for a fall family reunion. We, including me, have to put our own personal wants and agendas aside and come together to support the DWR. I also believe that they need to have a governing body over them to insure their success. I think that governing body should be elected by sportsman and NOT appointed by the governor. Just a thought. Damn, I just read back through that and it sounds like I'm running for office. NOT! No worries there.

Jim-

Welcome to the group of former, disillusioned SWF members. I too used to be a card-carrying, due paying member. A couple of years ago, however, I began to be troubled by a pattern of activities on the part of SFW that I believe were not in the best interests of sportsmen. I remember going the rounds with you, stinkystomper and others on these issues. I do not mention this to say, ?I told you so.? Rather, I merely want to point out that there are many sportsmen who once supported the SFW that now believe that SFW has lost its way and no longer represents the interests of the average sportsmen. That is not to say that SFW has not done any good. They have led and participated in many conservation projects. In my mind, however, the good does not outweigh the bad. Unfortunately, Don Peay and SFW have gained control of the DWR, the Wildlife Board and many of our government leaders. Unless and until we as sportsman get united behind an alternative group, I am afraid that we will continue to see more of the same (i.e., hundreds of big money tags taken out of the public draw, 200 convention permits given to SFW and MDF without any requirement that the resulting funds be spent on conservation, wildlife management decisions made for political purposes as opposed to biological purposes, etc.). I am hopeful that we can turn this train around but I am not sure how we will do it.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

The wildlife management swimming pool has been infected by a parasite (sfw)...time to break out the bleach and get rid of the problem.

I have heard "who can do better than SfW and Run the expo. Well, Why not let the DWR do it. They say they dont have the money to do it, but, with the millions that is going to SFW, why not put that right back into the hands of the DWR? I am sure there would be groing pains and problems, as SFW saw over the years, but I do believe that year after year it could only get better and better. Not to mention our money goes to DWR and wildlife. BUT, I would make sure that the top gyus dont get a bonus like alot of other organizations do.

The $ could be used for more patrol, habitat, equipment, wages or what ever. Just my thoughts!

Sorry SFW, things dont look good for you right now!

How does one go about getting on the board of SFW?

Instead of re-inventing the wheel I wonder how hard it would be to just take control of the steering mechanism?

Then swap out a bunch of the auction tags for lottery tags and put the money to use more like the RMEF does.

Of course there are a lot of detractors to the RMEF too, no one can please everyone, but it seems like it's getting pretty unanimous that SFW isn't pleasing anyone but themselves.

I keep forgetting that they aren't legally Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife anymore, they are now Sportsmen for Habitat, Inc.

2009 is their latest 990 that Guidestar.org has available.

Sportsmen for Habitat is a pretty small organization on the grand scale, they had 5.5 million in revenue in 2009 and Don Peay earned $162K.

RMEF for example had gross revenue of $41 million in 2009 and their CEO David Allen earned $201K.

The NRA had gross revenue of $237 million in 2009 and their CEO earned $823K.

On the other side of the coin, PETA brought in $34 million and paid their CEO $37K (but a secretary made $117K), HSUS is the elephant on that side of things, 2009 saw them bring in $101 million and paid their CEO $234K.

All information is straight off guidestar from their 2009 publicly available 990 returns.

Auctioning tags for habitat isn't rocket science.
The Dept allows a variety of Orgs to auction game tags. The Org gets to keep 10% to do as they wish. Habitat, pay the light bill, whatever. The Dept keeps 90% and that money is earmarked for habitat only.
Pretty simple really. They have been doing that up here for years. There is no "cost" to the dept, all the associated costs are on the Organizations side. Couple the auction tags with the orgs annual banquet and it's all pretty seamless.

>Auctioning tags for habitat isn't rocket
>science.
>The Dept allows a variety of
>Orgs to auction game tags.
>The Org gets to keep
>10% to do as they
>wish. Habitat, pay the light
>bill, whatever. The Dept keeps
>90% and that money is
>earmarked for habitat only.
>Pretty simple really. They have been
>doing that up here for
>years. There is no "cost"
>to the dept, all the
>associated costs are on the
>Organizations side. Couple the auction
>tags with the orgs annual
>banquet and it's all pretty
>seamless.

It is seamless, until the flip side of this becomes lobbying for policy that inflates the value of the tags so the organization can up their revenue, thus furthering their control and lobbying power. Round and round and round.

http://unitedwildlifecooperative.org

Not worth it to come on this forum and bring anything up about thd Good Ol Boy club in Tardville. They got each others back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom