Alaska RV Rentals

nmwapiti

Looking for first hand experience. Who is the best company to go with? Who to avoid? I am no stranger to Alaska but this will be my first time renting an RV. Looking to pick up and drop off in Anchorage. Thanks in advance.

Sure hope you get some feedback, I've got the same questions.

Tried to Google search some pricing on RV's today but couldn't find a web site or a dealer that listed their weekly rates, or any rate, for that matter. A rental RV will be my Alaskan transportation/lodging solution.

I've driven my own rig, with my fifth wheel trailer up there from Utah. Will never do that again, simply a poor economic decision on my part. 7,500 miles at $5.50 a gallon, (more now.) plus RV parking/travel costs up and back. Can't justify it, if seeing Alaska is the objective.

If you want to see the Alaskan highway, though Canada, that might be a different story.

DC

I have done it a couple times with no complaints! Used different dealers but that was a few years back. I will be going back this year not sure who I will use. If you hear anything let me know. Make sure they will pick u up and drop you off at the airport. Rutnbuck

All the best rutnbuck. I sure hope you'll share who you rent from, the costs, what you figured out this time, etc. when you return from your trip.

DC

I am planing on using Alaska Best 145 a day unlimited miles. Plus 500 damage refundable deposit. They don't have a bunch of hidden cost. Like kitchen cook ware and bedding per person per day. Make sure you don't forget all that stuff. Some of the outfits want to charge you for all that plus mileage.

Rutnbuck

Cruise America rents RVs all over the country including Anchorage. I haven't used them but you can get prices from their Web site.

I think anything you would rent in Alaska would need to be reserved months in advance.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom