Alaskan Guide Spotting scope....

S

stout1

Does anybody have any input on Cabelas Alaskan Guide spotting scopes. I am looking into buying one but can't find any info. Thanks

Stout, go to the top of the page and look for search. Click on search and then type in the top box Alaskan Guide spotting scope. You should be able to read some info about them on past posts. fatrooster.

Stout, Save your money!! I have purchased several of cabela's optics and have upgraded every one. Also I have a friend with the scope you are considering, he wishes he would have bought just about any other scope. He claims it is not very clear and is terrible in low light conditions.
I purchased Cabela's "Professional Spotting Scope Kit" four years ago and ended up replacing it with a swarovski. Wish I would have gone ahead and spent the extra money the first time, now I have two scopes, one of the scopes never leaves home, the other is ALWAYS with me when I hunt.

I have owned the alaskan guide and used it for a year and than had problems with the objective cap not unscrewing from the scope. I sent it back and got another one. Used it for two years and than the eye piece came apart on a hunt last fall. Sent it back to Cabelas and got me a 20-60x80mm Swarovski. The Alaskan Guide glass is decent for the money, but the quality is definately missing. Go with a Swarovski or any of the austrian made scopes of comparable quality. You won't be disappointed.

cabinfever

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom