Alternate Tags

KNOPHISH

Our party didn't get drawn for Combo tags but put in for the alternate list. I was hoping it was as a party but by the numbers we have I may have to go alone, but other drawings still coming up. That's ok my dad lives there also. But I'm 41 on the list & wonder if anyone knows how many alternate tags usually become available? the other guys on my party were something like 400 & 900 so they are doubtful.

At number 41 I would say you have a very good chance of getting a tag. My guess, a lot of people are thinking twice about driving across the country to hunt Montana at $4.75 a gallon.

A lot of Montana combo tag holders are waiting to see what happens in New Mexico. I can tell you if I draw a Gila tag, my Montana tag is going back. Only one week vacation to hunt elk , the Gila wins out over Montana.

I was told by someone at the fish and wildlife last year that they usually have between 200 and 300 turned back. You should be a shoe-in. I would plan to hunt if I were you. On the other hand, I am in the 400s and crossed it off the list.............

Talked with FWP today and was told they have received about 100 tags that were returned and were getting ready to send out the letters for people on the alternates list- Hatrick

Woohoo, I finally got my combo tag in hand, after FWP hosed me on my Antelope app & said I didn't have a conservation license. WRONG. I bought one for my sheep app. There were 126 leftover tags but they sent out 140 apps? I'll be hunting around Ennis.

I drew a combo tag, but will not be able to make my planned hunt. Where do I find out about returning my tag so someone else might get to hunt. I looked on the state game and fish site, but seen nothing about this.

Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-08 AT 10:30PM (MST)[p]Call the game & fish you can get 80% ? of your money back. Someone would like that tag so send in. You will be helping someones fill there dreams.

I think you only get 50 % back after Aug 1st... but its still better than nothing.. and somedoby will be really glad u did-Hatrick

Craig, I thought the same, Did you check yer mail lately? Cuz My huntin pardner got his on Sat & I thought he was around 400. Now I don't have a 10 hour drive solo & someone to help pack elk if we get lucky.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom