Am I Too Old?

Bates7

I wanna start putting in for buffalo & desert big horn sheep. My question is with the amount of points that it takes to draw a buff and sheep tag do you guys think that 42 years old is too late to start? If that question makes some feel uncomfortable answering it here's another way that I could ask it. How many points does it usually take to draw a buff or sheep tag? I'm an AZ native resident and I'll be putting in for my home state hunts. If anybody knows of any out of state opportunities for buff that may be better than AZ let me know please. By the way, when I say "better" I mean all around better ie.. less time to draw, realistic tag prices & such. Thanks for your input. :)

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

Being a resident I would say it is never too late. A resident will always have a chance no matter if they have 0 or 20 points. I say go for it.

As far as buffalo, I think there is a place in southern Wyoming that allows you to come on there ranch and shoot one. I know, not exactly hunting, but some people enjoy it.

As far as the buff goes I'm all about the meat. I could care less if I killed it in a slaughter house. Due to high BP & cholesterol I've pretty much cut out beef from my diet. To brag a little bit, by doing that and taking 4 fish oil tablets per day I've dropped my cholesterol from 260 down to 150. Buff meat is very expensive to buy and unfortunatly my deer, elk and javelina just doesn't last that long. I'm a carnivore big time.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

You can kill a buff right near Cordes Junction. I can recall the name of the place. I think they charge about $1.50 lb. live weight.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Thanks Tony. I know some folks up there. I'll be up there next weekend so I'll ask around.

-Ted Nugent-

I shot a buffalo on the ez ranch back in dec with my bow and i would consider it more of a harvest and not a hunt. Buffalo is one of my favorites meat so it was all worth it. If you are just looking for meat then the ez ranch is perfect if you are looking for a hunt i would look elsewhere.

LAST EDITED ON May-05-10 AT 01:44PM (MST)[p]Just a word of warning, venison and other wild meats are not necessarily lower in cholesterol than beef. Lower in fat and calories, yes, but that is not the same as cholesterol. I used to be under this same misconception until I did some research. In some cases, venison can actually have more cholesterol than beef.

Thanx BigPig. I too have done the research and I whole HEARTEDLY agree with you. Yes the pun was intended. But there are several different types of cholesterol as well. Wild game has more of the good and much less of the bad. I'm not bragging here but I do have a degree in biology, although it's wildlife biology, the mechanics of metabolism are the same and I'm working on my B.S. in human nutrition. My desire for this education is all driven from the near heart attack I had back in 2007. Thanx again.

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_13010.jpg[/img][/url]

I was at the sheep seminar last year, my Dad drew a tag with max BP. One of the AZDFG guys asked the crowd during a presentation, "how many of you drew this year after putting in the first time?" Four hands went up. Enough said?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom