And now Idaho is going down the drain

At 35% wins he deserves to be fired. But I don't think these kids have any idea the amount of work required to coach a high school varsity team, for what's probably an extra couple thousand a year. I'm not sure who they believe will walk in a take the job.

If you don’t have the respect of your players, you’re toast as a coach, it doesn’t matter if you are winning or losing.

Up and coming generations are not going to tolerate the same things from coaches that used to be normal, and that’s probably ok.

Man hossy is being more emo than usual. A few high school kids refusing to play basketball and he thinks the state is going down the drain?

Better throw that rock on the wall faster. Pedro just came across the border and is headed your way…

The fact that all their parents knew that there was going to still be practice and not even one of the varsity players showed up tells me that these aren’t whiny kids not wanting to run laps but that there are some legitimate problems that the parents see as well!
That being said, these kids will have to face the results of their actions. It may be the coach resigns or it may be that they are off the team the rest of the year, or even next year if for some reason the coach doesn’t leave. They may be rejected from college teams (I doubt any of them are D-1 quality, but even small schools may be hesitant to add them to their roster) And any number of other consequences, good or bad.
It seems similar to a union situation, they are uniting and saying they want something to be different. With a union, if you go on strike, you may get what you want or you may get fired or you may drive your company into bankruptcy.
It will be a learning experience for these kids, for better or worse!

Pretty soon, recruits in boot camp won't want to do what they're told, because the DI "yells a lot, and doesn't respect us!!"
That’s alright! Soon, all our wars will be fought by people flying drones romotely, like a computer game! Basic training will include a lot less running, push-ups and yelling. ?

The boss isn't always right, but he/she is always the boss. In this case the boss has to account for his dismal record. As a player, your job is to give 100% all the time. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you have a problem, you go to the coach privately and work it out. Never go public with your grievances. Nobody likes a whiny baby, not in basketball or out in the real world. If you want to quit basketball to join the Photography club, be my guest.

That should be the end of the basketball season for those kids.
Maybe I'm old school as well, but my kids can't quit a sport they start, even if the coach sucks. That's part of life.

Personal opinion here. The previous coach was a great one, and was there 27 years. We (Idaho Falls) competed at the 5A level with them for State Championships often, but even he only won 3 titles. You, by yourself, can't control the play or performance of your players. They shouldn't be allowed to control the coach. He is hired by an Athletic Director, and if the parents and students think he needs to be replaced, make those issues known to the AD. Like my coffee cup says "Me Boss. You Not. Go to Work"

Man hossy is being more emo than usual. A few high school kids refusing to play basketball and he thinks the state is going down the drain?

Better throw that rock on the wall faster. Pedro just came across the border and is headed your way…
You and Homer related ? That was as funny as Homer all due respect.

Sadly, when I saw headline, I only read it to see if he used the wrong pronoun, or called someone the wrong gender. It's almost refreshing it's just spoiled brats
I thought something really terrible had happened, like some kind of physical abuse. But no, they don't like the coaches game calls.

But a coach shouldn't be so bull headed as to not listen to his players either. He should because a team is made up of all the members, players and coaches. The coach has the final say though, and you get behind him/her and give it your all, win or lose.

I had quite a few disagreements with my supervisors over the years. I'd tell them what we should do, and then do what they want.

Country turning into a bunch of Pu##y$
I bet not even one of these kids does any extra practice at home on their own, prolly sit around and watch basketball on tik tok and think that is the way to be state champs. seems like maybe to many californians have infiltrated idaho, good luck with that

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom