And now we wait

nitis

So what's the real projected draw date this year? I know what it says on the website but it is usually much earlier than that unless something has changed.

I will be especially interested this year. Have been saving points for years and finally am in a position to burn some. So I have made some realistic choices and stayed away from all of HF's top 6. If the MM ods are close, I'll have a 20% to 30% chance at deer and lope. I have 13 NR points/each, & sheep. Put in for all the 150" sheep units. Be nice to get one tag.

Member RMEF, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

With that many points and staying away from HFs top picks, you could very easily be hunting a couple of species this year. More so referring to deer and antelope but who knows, you might get lucky and draw a sheep tag. Best of luck in the draw.

My completely wild ass guess/prediction for an actual draw date is May 31. Results online by 5:00 pm, Friday June 1. That way the offices are closed over the weekend to give people plenty of time for reality to set in BEFORE they call NDOW or the Hunt Application Office to b!tch.

just my $0.02.

Have a friend (not me) who procrastinated until monday afternoon to get online. Spent 3 hours trying over and over again to get his apps in only to have the computer freezing up on him. Never did get in before 5 pm. Too many people trying to apply at the same time i guess. His fault, but man would I be pissed off!!

PC,

Not sure how accurate the MM odds are for NV, but two of my sheep units said 4% and one 5%. These were the mid-tiered units as mentioned. I would like to sheep hunt and 10 more inches of horn isn't worth fighting with 10,000 extra HFers to me.

I think I'll draw one of my pronghorn picks.

Member RMEF, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

>Have a friend (not me)
>who procrastinated until monday afternoon
>to get online. Spent
>3 hours trying over and
>over again to get his
>apps in only to have
>the computer freezing up on
>him. Never did get
>in before 5 pm.
> Too many people trying
>to apply at the same
>time i guess. His
>fault, but man would I
>be pissed off!!

I had one of the guys here at work get his apps in at 3 PM....just had a ten minute loading time per page.

I had my apps in a couple weeks ago.

I have a handful of points.

4 for antelope
7 for desert sheep
2 for rocky and cali sheep
6 for mountain goat
1 for bear
0 for deer
0 for bull elk (first year applying for bull).

I am thinking I should be in for an antelope tag.

I have also picked my desert sheep units the last couple years based on average draw odds for the last few years, though I would be looking at a lower score sheep. I figure I should be able to hunt sheep in the next 5 years, provided the herd stays stable.

The other two sheep, mountain goats, and black bear I figure will all be OIL tags effectively, you simply can't even come close to trying to figure on hunting them in your lifetime (100+++ to 1 odds??), so it would just be a bonus.

Bull elk, I applied for lower demand hunts in the hopes that I will be able to get a tag in the next ten years, with maybe one or two cow tags thrown in there (skipping one year to apply for a cow).

We shall see.

The results the past few years have been posted within 48 hours of the actual draw itself. There are a few members here normally who attend and or know the actual date of the draw which will give us a good time frame as to when the results will be posted.

Last year the results were posted the Friday before Memorial day weekend at 3pm...not that I keep track or anything :)

I like those odds... Draw on 5/23 and results on 5/25 this year. Fingers crossed.

GK

I too apply for the lesser demanded sheep units in hopes of even a pulling any ram tag--even a smaller one--with 9 points. However, I am not sure how helpful it is since the draw recaps still show people with 16 or more points pulling a lot of those tags. I suspect the high point guys are putting lesser units at their 5th choice.

Should be around memorial day weekend or during that weekend is when it happens. Hope I get my archery deer, pronghorn and possibly an elk tag!

The last week or two of May will be a big week for credit card 'Hits'//draw results of some form or fashion.

Utah, Wyo Sheep/Moose/Mnt Goat, Nv., and so forth.

Good luck to all of us!

Robb

Hoping like hell that this is my year for NR elk. Glad that I have another hunt in my pocket if I don't draw, but this will be my year!

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

I thought I read somewhere the application deadline was 4/18. On the 16th my boss asked me if I had applied. I hadn't. He told me it took him 2 hours on Sunday the 15th to apply.

I got off of work early at 1330, drove home and had applied for everything for my wife and everything except Antelope and elk for me, plus every raffle gimmick too. Done by 1500 hours.

Funny thing was (not really) he missed the Colorado deadline after applying for 18 straight years and told me I should have reminded him.

With 9/17-10/22 planned in Wyoming, I've been very selective on what I apply for this year, but a sheep tag would be nice.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom