anderson flat hunters...

fizwizr

have any of you been scouting for your season this year? i was lucky enough to draw an archery tag,il be back in there this weekend,just wondering how you guys are doing getting ready,dennis

Have spent several weekends in there getting reaquainted with the roads and brush. FYI, the Rim Fire has crossed Hwy 120 and is headding south up Packard Canyon, this thing has the potential to go all the way into Anderson.

That fire is un real.....I just dont see how there gonna stop it. There is sooooo much brush its just gonna keep going, would'nt be supried if it burned a 100,000 acres.

The bucks were going to kill are no where near there right now. They're in the park eating cigarette butts and potato chips.

That is true Drollz however the Forest Service likes to now close areas after they burn. So bascily we could be shut out of the area.

Yesterday the fire trippled in size to 54,000 acres. Most of the growth was to the north and northwest into the Cherry Lake area. Fire is still burning up Packard Canyon towards Five Corners but isn't making huge advances to the south.

Fire is now at 105,000 acres. Most growth has been to the north and northeast. It is slowly growing up Pilot Ridge which is within the hunt area but its not growing rapidly in that direction.

Yesterday the District Ranger issued a Forest Closure order for the entire Groveland District. The order will stay in effect until the fire is "out". On fires this size they are often not declared out until after the snow flies.

Like Mike I have grown up in this area...spent I dont know how many nights camped out hunting and fishing in those woods. Really am pretty choked up about the whole thing.
A good friend of mine from work that lives in Tuolumne City had to leave early today due to an evacuation advisory. Sad deal....told him I dont care what time of day it is I'll be there with truck and trailer.
My best friend of 30 years is a lineman at PG&E.....he got the call this afternoon telling him to pack bags.....could be there for 6 months.

Latest fire info is on inciweb.
It does not look good for those wanting to hunt this area. The forest circus has a long history of shutting everything down, roads, camps, trailheads sometimes permanently. They look to protect there resources, logging, mining and tourism in that order. The push to cut the fire off from Yosemite Valley will be epic, but look for closures to come...

Stop Global Whining

The Rim fire is huge and growing each day. IMHO, it is not the fire but the road closures, the campground closures and the fire equipment or personnel that is the biggest threat to hunters. I have never drawn the Anderson Flat tag G37 tag. It will be all about access and parking. The DFG & the Forest Service are not known for their hunting inforcement but for their lack of concern of hunters rights and access...
I wish all those who drew the coveted tags for these hunts the best. The smoke will blow away but the closures will remain.

Stop Global Whining

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom