animal rant

usahunter

Well, let me get this firestorm disagreeing with me started , I've had it up to here with the pathetic people who say they value their pets over most humans, First off it's an animal you own it and usually the only reason you " love " it so much is because it's too stupid to judge you , it gives you unconditional love because you feed it and you are the alpha in its life, it doesn't have a life except what you decree, you are able to neglect /abuse , chain it in the back yard , let it bark and annoy your neighbors and feed it when you feel like it, The other end of the spectrum are the Fifi lovers or if you're macho " killer " lovers who pamper their pets like most of us pamper our children, what a waste of human emotion, nothing more pathetic to me than seeing some macho guy holding a tiny dog while he's eating a ham steak or bacon, the meat on your plate came from an animal that's vastly smarter than the dog you are holding, animals have a purpose, they hunt,work,guard , provide companionship and if it's a cat it catches mice, other than that they are no different than the animals we kill and eat everyday but somehow, partially putting Walt Disney to blame we give them names and they become part of our lives to the exclusion of normal human response to other humans, we spend huge amounts of money at the vet, money that we wouldn't think of donating to wounded warriors /Shriners or the needy family down the street, we had a simple solution to pet problems on the farm, if they were badly injured or deathly sick we put a .22 behind its ear and dug a hole, then went out and Bought another one, why is your pet any different than the animals we kill? I can only imagine what a great world it would be if we shared as much emotion and money to help people who are truly struggling and trying to survive instead of on our "pets" .Don't get me started on the difference between what we pay sports figures and politicos compared to what we pay our military/ police/ firemen and teachers, paying a guy 100+ million to carry a football down a field yet put our military at poverty level to give their lives for us! maybe we should start shooting at athletes as they run down the field and see how many want to continue! O.K. Give me he'll boy's

I feel sorry for you! Maybe one day you will recover, good luck!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Pets have nothing to do with an unqualified
Cop on the street packing heat.

But since you brought it up, I'll put a 150" buck
And my 85 lb English setter just inside my front door.

Which "pet" is going to run and which "pet" is going to
See you on your way??

For the last time , if you are an officer and enter a secure
Back yard and kill an animal wether that sumbitch
Is attached to your jugular or not YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BE ON DUTY.
You'd have. 0 respect for private property and lack the smarts to avoid
Putting yourself in that position to begin with.

"The future is large scale auction tags.
The majority of the tags should go up
for auction anually. It MIGHT even be
good to allow second sales of auction
tags as in outfitters purchasing tags
and then re-selling them to the public."
TRISTATE 8/17/2012

>I feel sorry for you! Maybe
>one day you will recover,
>good luck!
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Joey, thanks for your concern, but if recovery means that I will be as indifferent and apathetic as you appear to be then I'll gladly stay the way I am. My wife and I have tried to make a difference our entire married life, I'm not bragging just laying the groundwork for my position on this post, we took in a total of 14 troubled children that their parents couldn't handle and thankfully we were able to return most of them in better shape, I've been a mentor to youth and new hunters for over 40 years, I train women in personal self defense,,former master instructor in the NYS Bowhunter ed course, volunteer and give freely of my time and extra cash whenever I can, Everything we have done was always free of charge, If you have done more than give " sage advice" then I applaud you and appreciate what you have contributed to mankind, if not, then I suggest you look in the mirror for a dose of reality,
Bill

Thanks for your opinion.

Much like mine or Joey's, there are those that will agree with it, and those that will disagree. My dog happens to be a pretty cool companion...I'm guessing hanging around with him is a lot more fun than hanging around with YOU would be. But then, that's just my opinion...

On the bright side, I think you just won 1st place for the longest sentence EVER!! :)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-14 AT 12:57PM (MST)[p]usa, good for you, now you can further pat yourself on the back but what is good for one, may not be good for another. To rant at those who have the perfect buddy, no children or those that had children but who have left the nest, and then fell in love with their pets., it's insensitive at best.

Many ,many people feel this way of their pets. They become way more to them than just "animals", they become a beloved part of the family and again if you can't see, believe, or understand that, i feel sorry for you!

Edit: Bill, i see a dig in there directed straight at me. Do you really want to know just what i have done for youth and humanity (Free of Charge by the way) since i've become an adult? I'll tell you if you really want and you then may want to clime back in your hole after i do but It's only a part of your attack because i differ, completely beside the point of your rant!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I agree that NO animal life is above a human's including my own dogs. If there was a situation where I had to save a stranger or my pet, the stranger will be saved. However, my dog is part of the family and would fight to defend her. I spent many hours researching which breed would fit best for our desires and requirements, so far it is great. There are some crappy pet owners out there and then there are some I think take it too far like you mentioned but those are the extremes and most fall in between those two variables (in my opinion where people should be).

As far as being the almighty at volunteering your time, I applaud you, however remember quality time is better than quanity of time. I assume you are in both areas, again that is great. Like Sage said though we all have different desires, goals and life situations...Don't bash others or put yourself above others for what they do or haven't done for their definition of "quality" time is likely different from yours.
I would hope you don't do all this volunteering just to brag on MM's.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I don't think our pets "love"us, but I feel sorry for those who have never loved a pet. After all, we love new born babies, and they are incapable of loving us back.

I don't think my dog loved me, but no human has ever offered to jump into the icy waters of the Bay, with 40mph winds, to retrieve a wounded brant.:)

I'm glad I never had to chose between my dog and a rapist/pedophile. Or even a thief for that matter.

Eel

Oh Bill, we are forever awed from the pontificating you have demonstrably shared of your humanity. Maybe now everyone on MM can list all their good deeds and Good Samaritan acts. Then if they don't match up to your most impressive list then you can let us all know that we are unworthy.

Good to see some other "pet lovers" on here and can distinguish them from our other four legged friends. I feel a bit bad for you USA and I feel sorry for any pet you have/had. All the love is going to these other causes you are patting yourself on the back for. Pat a dog instead. And yes, if its you or my dog, the dog wins.

Eel,
The thief will steal your money, the other 2 will steal dignity. Choose the dog and sleep easy.

Eel, you seem to carry a lot of common sense wisdom. Wish I could say the same about more people in our society. To many people lack common sense and reality...

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Interesting replies, glad we could have this discussion without getting nasty,
Sage, no personal dig implied
I never brag ,most people have no idea what I've been involved in, I mistakenly thought that by explaining my background it would give you an idea where I was coming from.
And you're right, I can't think of any human that would jump in the cold water to retrieve your dead duck.
Hope these sentences are short and more to your liking, it's interesting when people dissect a paragraph looking for something to diminish the poster with.
Pets are just that , pets, they give joy to their owners but in 6 to 10 years they die and you get another one, Heck, if pets could talk half of you would be afraid to own one,

We used to get my little brother to jump into the cold water to retrieve a duck...just saying.

>We used to get my little
>brother to jump into the
>cold water to retrieve a
>duck...just saying.

I used to do it before I got a dog that would retrieve when I was a kid.
Would strip down to my underwear, swim out get the duck and if it was cold enough out, start a fire to warm up and then go to the next pond and do it again.
Sometimes there was ice along the shore when I'd do this.

Walking through a beaver pond is the worst! your feet get so cold you don't know what you are stepping on, when you get out of the water your feet are shredded from cuts and jabs like you walked through a carpet of razor blades.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-14 AT 11:18PM (MST)[p]usa said. "sage,...And you're right, I can't think of any human that would jump in the cold water to retrieve your dead duck.
Hope these sentences are short and more to your liking, it's interesting when people dissect a paragraph looking for something to diminish the poster with."

So, lets see.

First, i never said anything about jumping in cold water.

Second, Short sentences? I never said anything about your sentences nor about how i might like them.

Third, Looking to diminish? How about your claim that i appear to be "indifferent and apathetic"? Isn't that trying to diminish?

You said, "...I'll gladly stay the way I am"

That's fine, i expect as much. You can't fix stupid!

Joey

BeanMan, you were lucky! I have two brothers, both a lot smarter than me. That's why I had to get a dog.:)

Eel

Hello USA
I think you will be alright but at present you certainly bear watching. You made a few good points but seem to have some anger and have lost sight of reality.
There are good dogs, bad dogs, and all kinds of cats!
This is true for animals and humans. Perspective is reality. Take a deep breath and analyze your post. Just maybe it could have been worded to be a positive idea as opposed to a misguided rant.
Respectfully
J_T_B

Here's the other part of the equation.

Ya often here about a once in a lifetime dog,
In my near 50 years on this planet I've been blessed
With 3. One lab and 2 English Setters.

If you lock a dog in a kennel and see it once a
Day to feed it you'll probably end up with just a garbage
Can for dog food.

You are half assing the whole deal, for you and the dog.

TRISTATE 8/17/2012

708820121121_133847.jpg

Duke R.I.P. died in 1996 during a divorce. Best companion other than a wife. He caught frisbees like a champ, protected us. Ran many miles along my side, kept me warm once when I was wet and freezing. He didn't boast or curse or call names. He had a nose that could not be fooled and a keen mind knowing some good tricks.
He would keep bears or skunks away. At his largest 103 lbs. He never attacked nor bit anyone.

I think USA is probably a good guy, maybe never fortunate to have a special dog. Not every dog is.

We had a monster sized Great Pyrenese. A bit over 150 pounds which is big for even that breed. Some of you guys have seen him. So I'll tell a funny story about our ol boy. A couple houses down lived a younger guy, not well liked by anyone in the neighborhood. He was into drugs, loud parties, and you guessed it... owned a pit bull cross. Smallish dog, maybe 40-45 pounds but mean. Tore up a neighbors corgy pretty bad. About 4 months after that incident the loser from down the street comes by with his pit not on a leash. It runs right for our dog, which is the sweetest, non aggressive dog ever to live. I told the guy to control his dog. He said "he can take care of himself". But it was in our yard and that wasn't the point. It lunged and grabbed our dogs neck and just held on, growing and shaking. Problem was it only had a mouthful of thick, white fur. My dog looks over at us, then proceeded to lay down on top of the pit, with only its hind legs visible. I was going to intervene but I could tell my dog wasn't being hurt. After about 30 seconds the pits legs start to flail wildly and wimper. It was being suffocated by the weight of my dog. I made some smart @ss comment that set the stoner off. He started for my dog, I told him if he goes near it he and his dog will taste the end of the shovel I was holding. I called my dog and he came to me, wagging his tail. The pit bolted back down the street towards home and I never had a problem with that dog or the stoner again. This is just one of the great memories that made him more than a pet. Carry on boys.

DM, my first setter would follow my kids everywhere. If they went out the front
door he'd be on their heels. He caught on pretty quick that they weren't supposed
to be playing near the road. Once they got too close to the road, he'd herd them away
from it back on to the sidewalk or back in to the yard.

Same dog had another little trick where he'd listen to the entire family but had my back 100%. Well I could tell the dog not to let a member of the family in to a certain room and he would block their path. Well this trick was tested by the wife one night. It was late and she wanted nothing more than bed. I told Coco to keep her out. Well she tried to step past and the dog wasn't having it and growled. Last time we played that game.

Had a family friend doing some electrical work as part of a remodel in our basement.
the wife left to run some errands. He didn't get out till she got back.

As far as hunting, you could't ask for a better pointer. Rock solid. This dog wouldn't wait for a wounded duck to surface he'd dive like a dolphin.

The dog never bit anybody. In public while hunting he had no issues with other dogs or hunters. Never had issues with meter people or anyone else that knew a damn thing about showing dogs the respect they deserve.

If the dumbass cop that killed Geist had entered my back yard, he would have killed my dog as well, not because he was attacked but because the dog would have shown his displeasure with a strangers presence in his territory. Outside, this would have been some growling and barking, probably what Geist did to this cop. If the cop would have made it in to the house, he'd have been a chew toy.

This has been my point with this fiasco all along. It's a damn dog. If you are a cop and you require a newsflash to let you know what a growling do is gonna do, then turn in the gun and badge cause you obviously ain't qualified to operate either. Once that dog
became visible in the secure backyard, the cop should have been getting the hell out of
Dodge. If the cop's thought process was "it's just a dog and I'm gonna shoot the sumbitch" we have an issue.

If the dog surprised him at point blank range and his first line of thought was "it's just a dog and I'm gonna shoot that sumbitch" then cop deserves everything he gets for not checking his surroundings before making entry.

Either way, this mistake, at least in my opinion, is serious enough to cost this cop his job.

TRISTATE 8/17/2012

+2

"This has been my point with this fiasco all along. It's a damn dog. If you are a cop and you require a newsflash to let you know what a growling do is gonna do, then turn in the gun and badge cause you obviously ain't qualified to operate either. Once that dog
became visible in the secure backyard, the cop should have been getting the hell out of
Dodge. If the cop's thought process was "it's just a dog and I'm gonna shoot the sumbitch" we have an issue.

If the dog surprised him at point blank range and his first line of thought was "it's just a dog and I'm gonna shoot that sumbitch" then cop deserves everything he gets for not checking his surroundings before making entry.

Either way, this mistake, at least in my opinion, is serious enough to cost this cop his job."

BeanMan, speaking of dogs....how's Sparky? I remember when Sparky got a few stitches from a coyote.

Eel

We now know who loves their Dogs more than they love their Wives!

And I can Guarandamntee you Feleno has never left his MUTT at the Gas Station!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

You know the psych lifeboat question? A +B headed forthe brink of niagra you have one rope and time for one throw, who gets it? Well if a is my dog and b is you the dog gets it, hands down, then I pull him in asap, not to try and cheat on the terms but so I may have enough time to pick up rocks and throw them at the back of your head as you're going over, you arrogant self agrandizing prick.

>You know the psych lifeboat question?
> A +B headed forthe
>brink of niagra you have
>one rope and time for
>one throw, who gets it?
> Well if a is
>my dog and b is
>you the dog gets it,
>hands down, then I pull
>him in asap, not to
>try and cheat on the
>terms but so I may
>have enough time to pick
>up rocks and throw them
>at the back of your
>head as you're going over,
>you arrogant self agrandizing prick.
>

Heh..heh... Your name says it all, upside the head is where you were probably hit at an early age,

"Geist"???? Now the media has given us a fu?kin name to further martyr the dog. And we're on a first name basis with it? Does anyone know the name of the child that was missing?

Jeezus, let it be. The cop probably screwed up. But none of us were there. Let someone else handle this one boys and girls. Someone with all the particulars. As I said in the wheelchair post, there is ALWAYS more to the story. Always.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

" Does anyone know the name of the child that was missing?"

You mean the name of the kid that was asleep in HIS
OWN BASEMENT??

More crack investigating there.

TRISTATE 8/17/2012

>BeanMan, speaking of dogs....how's Sparky? I
>remember when Sparky got a
>few stitches from a coyote.
>
>
>Eel

Eel,

Thanks for asking. Sparkey is just fine. He's 13 now and getting quite deaf. Spark still gets around fine, he goes with me on my exercise hike twice a week, 2000' up and down in 4 miles. we have a new neighbor who has a deck overlooking the wash behind the house and he is hell on coyotes so we haven't had any problems lately.

Fred

>"Geist"???? Now the media has given
>us a fu?kin name to
>further martyr the dog. And
>we're on a first name
>basis with it? Does anyone
>know the name of the
>child that was missing?
>
>Jeezus, let it be. The cop
>probably screwed up. But none
>of us were there. Let
>someone else handle this one
>boys and girls. Someone with
>all the particulars. As I
>said in the wheelchair post,
>there is ALWAYS more to
>the story. Always.
>NVbighorn , you and Feleno make a lot of sense, I'll follow your lead, over and out!

>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

usa said, "NVbighorn , you and Feleno make a lot of sense, I'll follow your lead, over and out!

Not so fast there buckwheat. Did you actually read Feleno's posts? Or, did you read his posts like you read mine? In either event, i really doubt that you share much of a like thought with Feleno.

You remind me of the guy who is so busy saying nothing, that he doesn't care what others have to say, doesn't hear them, doesn't want to...just waits for the first chance to start talking, saying nothing again.

Joey

NVblowhorn

For hecks sake. Everyone is not glorifying the dog over the kid. They said the dog didn't need killed. Did simple reading comprehension go out the window. From the moment fireball started her rant the whole thing is out of proportion. At least she went out of it.

RE: NVblowhorn

Hey Deerblowme,

Did I say that? Your own reading needs to stay on the lines. You dont do so well between them.

The point is, move on! Or take this sh!t to the "I hate cops, dogs and kids" forum.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom