Another Grizzly fatality - Montana

From the:
Word Vomit Gazette

It’s hard to see from one universe into another..

We’ll never come to a consensus, on any of these uses, be it bear, bees, or behaviors when you don’t even have a common understanding of the definition of words.

If we can’t see each other point over a bear killing a human its damn unlikely we can agree on much else.

From the:
Word Vomit Gazette

We’ll never come to a consensus, on any of these uses, be it bear, bees, or behaviors when you don’t even have a common understanding of the definition of words.

If we can’t see each other point over a bear killing a human its damn unlikely we can agree on much else.

Just waitin for it to start. We shouldn't have stopped teaching history.

From the:
Word Vomit Gazette

? ? ? ?

The garbage company used to come and pick up our garbage at about 3am on Wednesdays. That means we had to set it up by the road the night before. As dumb as bears are, they figured out the schedule. About once a month they would scatter the contents up and down the road.

I looked into a bear proof can but the garbage company said they didn't want to take the extra time and hassle to deal with it. I went around and around with them and they finally agreed change their schedule from 3am to 10am. The garbage company saved a few bears that day.

Ummmm look at it again. I thought you said you were educated in an earlier thread?
Looked again....Woman deaths exceeds Men deaths in each year. The light blue extends HIGHER than the dark blue. That is how bar graphs work. The higher the color that represents a particular entity, the higher the outcome is depicted in the graph. If the Womans deaths were LESS than Mens they would have put the light blue and dark blue lines NEXT to eachother....see pic.
Notice how the higher bar is NOT stacked on top of the lower bar.
bar graph.jpg

From the:
Word Vomit Gazette

I totally agree....

Looked again....Woman deaths exceeds Men deaths in each year. The light blue extends HIGHER than the dark blue. That is how bar graphs work. The higher the color that represents a particular entity, the higher the outcome is depicted in the graph. If the Womans deaths were LESS than Mens they would have put the light blue and dark blue lines NEXT to eachother....see pic.
Notice how the higher bar is NOT stacked on top of the lower bar.
View attachment 45917
Ummm no. You need to look again and then read the text below. 80% of the deaths on average are male.

Agree, and they still need to be managed. This is just the beginning, even if ss doesn't see it.
I’ve always been in support of management. But I will never support killing a bear for being a bear and human conflicts. If you can’t see the difference that’s ok. I’m not here to try to change your view. I’m here because some funny chit gets posted here.

From the:
Word Vomit Gazette

We had a Fish & Game big Wig.

We had a large herd of antelope.

We had folks that didn’t want antelope.

The big Wig’s underbosses listened to the folks that didn’t want antelope.

The local F & G employee told the underbosses they were getting rid of too many antelope.

The underbosses told the employee to STFU, told do what you are told. He did.

The hunters told the Bureauocrats they where taking way too many antelope. The Bureaucrats said, you’re no Bureaucrat.

The big Wig’s son draw an antelope tag. The bid Wig said to the employee, what have you done with all the antelope?

The big Wig didn’t believe the employee had warned, over and over, the big Wig’s underbosses. The big Wig was mad, mad, mad that his son couldn’t find an antelope because there weren’t enough let to hunt.

The big Wig gave the employees job to a new employee.

The point think is, the hunters sounded the alarm, years in advance. The bosses said, you’re another Karen. But...... Karen or not, the warning was chided and poop, pooped. Still........ the employee was replaced, the antelope are gone, the big Wig has retired, the underbosses are still selling antelope tags on a unit that has scarcely any antelope. And everybody is still in their own universe, unable and unwilling to consider future returns on current investments.

Apex predictor can’t cohabitat with large numbers of humans, and their stuff. Eventually the cougar eats enough cats, dogs and goats, and he bites enough humans, so does the bear. When that happens, the human eventually wins. We’re getting more humans, therefore more conflicts, with each other and the wild species........ it simply won’t persist, in the long run. I’m not saying it’s right or it’s wrong, stupid or brilliant...... it’s just not 1840 any more, at least...... in the lower 48. It’s different in Alaska, for obvious reasons.

Ummm no. You need to look again and then read the text below. 80% of the deaths on average are male.
I read the fine print and you are correct. Seems like a strange way to build a bar graph. I have never seen one like that in all of my 49.75 years. I guess I am not as educated as that graph producer for the National Center for Health Statistics.

I’ve always been in support of management. But I will never support killing a bear for being a bear and human conflicts. If you can’t see the difference that’s ok. I’m not here to try to change your view. I’m here because some funny chit gets posted here.

That's the problem, there is no management. The current management plan is G&F kills problem bears.

That's the problem, there is no management. The current management plan is G&F kills problem bears.
I agree and I also hold out hope there will be a grizzly season in the lower 48 one day. I think it will happen sooner than later. Doubt that will be noticeable in the # of people killed by bears though since it’s so low already.

From the:
Word Vomit Gazette

We had a Fish & Game big Wig.

We had a large herd of antelope.

We had folks that didn’t want antelope.

The big Wig’s underbosses listened to the folks that didn’t want antelope.

The local F & G employee told the underbosses they were getting rid of too many antelope.

The underbosses told the employee to STFU, told do what you are told. He did.

The hunters told the Bureauocrats they where taking way too many antelope. The Bureaucrats said, you’re no Bureaucrat.

The big Wig’s son draw an antelope tag. The bid Wig said to the employee, what have you done with all the antelope?

The big Wig didn’t believe the employee had warned, over and over, the big Wig’s underbosses. The big Wig was mad, mad, mad that his son couldn’t find an antelope because there weren’t enough let to hunt.

The big Wig gave the employees job to a new employee.

The point think is, the hunters sounded the alarm, years in advance. The bosses said, you’re another Karen. But...... Karen or not, the warning was chided and poop, pooped. Still........ the employee was replaced, the antelope are gone, the big Wig has retired, the underbosses are still selling antelope tags on a unit that has scarcely any antelope. And everybody is still in their own universe, unable and unwilling to consider future returns on current investments.

Apex predictor can’t cohabitat with large numbers of humans, and their stuff. Eventually the cougar eats enough cats, dogs and goats, and he bites enough humans, so does the bear. When that happens, the human eventually wins. We’re getting more humans, therefore more conflicts, with each other and the wild species........ it simply won’t persist, in the long run. I’m not saying it’s right or it’s wrong, stupid or brilliant...... it’s just not 1840 any more, at least...... in the lower 48. It’s different in Alaska, for obvious reasons.
As long as there’s wilderness and wild places there will be bears and wolves.

Nice write up though. I assume it’s an attempt at some philosophical or poetic reply so I give it an 6/10. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

I can’t keep quiet any longer.
A bear kills a Human for any reason, it needs to be euthanized ASAP.
Human Life over Any animal!

Look at how many people die a year from bees:View attachment 45894
After someone dies from a bee sting do we chase down the bee hive responsible? Why have bees? When you see a bee SHOOT. SHOVEL SHUT UP! SSS!
My little sister got swarmed by some yellow jackets when we were teens. I burned them out. I've been her hero ever since. If something bad happens in the family I'm the first one she calls.

One more reason to support the death penalty, for humans who kill humans!!! I guess we could put the bears in a cage, then feed and care for them for the rest of their lives, like we do people???

One more reason to support the death penalty, for humans who kill humans!!! I guess we could put the bears in a cage, then feed and care for them for the rest of their lives, like we do people???
That is good sh!t, right there.....

From the Chico Enterprise-Record's story (update) on the cyclist's death, "Bears that attack people are not always killed if the mauling resulted from a surprise encounter or the bear was defending its young. But the bear involved in Lokan’s death was considered a public safety threat because of the circumstances of the attack."

Seems like they use three options for encounters- leave it alone, capture and relocate, or terminate. They don't take it lightly it seems. Imperfect I'm sure, but they do put some serious thought into it.

Damnnnn......Dad and I packed a bull out 2 years ago about 40 miles northeast of there. We were about 5 miles from the truck where we gutted it. Up to our elbows in elk blood, I put a stick through the palm of my hand and we had about 2' of snow on the ground in places in the timber.

That was probably the most scared I'd ever been going back to the truck that night. About 1/2 mile from the truck I hit two eyes with my head lamp about 50 yards away. Perfectly round and close together 4" or 5" apart, about 4' off the ground. Needless to say we packed it out in the morning......

Damnnnn......Dad and I packed a bull out 2 years ago about 40 miles northeast of there. We were about 5 miles from the truck where we gutted it. Up to our elbows in elk blood, I put a stick through the palm of my hand and we had about 2' of snow on the ground in places in the timber.

That was probably the most scared I'd ever been going back to the truck that night. About 1/2 mile from the truck I hit two eyes with my head lamp about 50 yards away. Perfectly round and close together 4" or 5" apart, about 4' off the ground. Needless to say we packed it out in the morning......
Smart move! ?

I was scared of the dark when I was eight too.

Love how all the city folk reply to these articles with "well they were there first or some stupid sh!t" not realizing that where ever one lives on land there was a wild animal there first unless you lived your whole life on a yacht out in the ocean then you get mauled by killer whales.

I loved this comment....lol

mechine
11 hours ago

When you are in bear country hunting deer. You had better have an additional hand gun that has the knock down power to kill a grizzly. Deer loads are only going to get it upset.

It used to be a pretty rare event when you met someone who's killed a Grizzly bear. It won't be long, and it will be hard to find someone who hasn't.
Fine by me. If activist judges want to block an actual hunt, we'll just have to keep grizzly numbers down through self defense like this. I think over 20 grizzlies have been killed just this year in the GYE.

Apparent Hit-And-Run

Wyoming’s beloved Grizzly 610, a grown offspring of the famous Grizzly 399, was struck by a vehicle Monday afternoon and languished by the side of the road for hours with her three cubs. Rangers are hopeful that she’ll make a full recovery.

Apparent Hit-And-Run

Wyoming’s beloved Grizzly 610, a grown offspring of the famous Grizzly 399, was struck by a vehicle Monday afternoon and languished by the side of the road for hours with her three cubs. Rangers are hopeful that she’ll make a full recovery.
AK plates, I bet.

Apparent Hit-And-Run

Is she dead yet?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom