Another Prime Top Sirloin Tonight

Blank

Long Time Member
Yep, they dropped the price back down to $7/lb so loaded up a couple. There's just no way to lose on Prime beef, at that price point. Out on the gas grill again, 3 hours at 225 degrees. I pulled it at 125, wrapped in paper, and let it rest in a slightly warm oven for another hour until supper time. It really does cut with a fork, and melts in your mouth. I knew the fried zucchini slices with Parm would be good, but wasn't too sure about "riced" broccoli! Think I'll stick with the florets, and not try to be fancy!!!

Since it's better than prime rib in many restaurants, I just had to add some "sniffling, sneezing, burn your sinuses out" raw horseradish to amp up the experience!!!

67676D7A-A221-4FFC-96B1-64BB694ACA19_1_201_a.jpeg

AE003E78-FA2E-451A-9059-BF8CC5DC2D2D.jpeg

0089F3FA-E785-4E82-94E8-61C6A26B16DF.jpeg

9CC26DAF-A46A-4D06-B72F-7A3F8D93C5BE.jpeg

I’m guessing butcher paper? What is the purpose of doing this? Tight wrapp? Loose wrap? I have not heard of this. Of course there are LOTS of things I have never heard…

CC: I prefer to use parchment paper for my applications, as I don't use a smoker. The paper is thinner, is treated with silicone, and much better for higher heat applications. Also, because I don't use a lot of it, you can get in small rolls in the grocery store!

The pink or peach butcher paper is a BBQ thing, used primarily for briskets, where you cook long and slow for 12-16 hours sometimes. It isn't treated at all, and some say the smoke penetrates the paper better, while still preserving the bark. Wrapping will hold the moisture in your meat, so it doesn't dry out. this keeps it even more tender. look on the web and there are millions of articles on the subject, and everyone has their own special process.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom