Another tag transfer question

ktg

Does anyone know if a tag transfer has to be done before the hunting season starts? I really don't want to make an extra trip to AZ if I don't have to.

As long as all of the requirements are met, you can go to one of the regional or main offices and get it done. I don't see anything in the regulations that says when it has to be done. However make sure your child has his Hunter Ed card with him if he is under 14.

Just to be on the safe side, I'd call the Dept. before I came out and get a check list of what you need to have with you. That way, there are no surprises!

Don Martin
Master Instructor
AZ Hunter Education
Region III

I confirmed the above info today. No time element on the transfer but it does have to be done at a regional office or at the main office. Nothing can be done by mail.

Hope it helps.

Don Martin
Master Instructor
Region III

I called the Phoenix office yesterday to ask about completing the transfer of the tag by mail. They told me that once I received the tag I need to call them to get instructions to complete the transfer to my son via mail. That will save a lot of driving :)

>I called the Phoenix office yesterday
>to ask about completing the
>transfer of the tag by
>mail. They told me
>that once I received the
>tag I need to call
>them to get instructions to
>complete the transfer to my
>son via mail. That
>will save a lot of
>driving :)

That would be nice. I'll have to check it out.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom