Antelope 73-7 Leftovers...

Hammnit

Guys,
My group drew buck tags for 73 this year, but we didn't get our doe tags. I see that they have a few leftover in 73-7 (east of Bucknam Rd. in Casper Creek drainage). I've never been in this neck of the woods, so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this area? If so, is it possible to find public or private to knock down a couple of doe antelope?

Thanks,
Hammnit

Looks to me on my map that there is enough accessible public land east of CR125 in Natrona County to fill doe permits and if you have troubles a lot of the ranchers in Wyoming will let you fill doe tags for little or no fee.

Hey top gun

Watchable know of the antelope bucks in natrona area? First time with these antelope for me... hoping to not get showed up by the old pro hamminit!

I don't know anything on the animals in the unit, but there should be enough land to shoot a decent one. I'm just going off my computer map showing land ownership.

I drew this tag. Unfortunately I forgot to check the box to withdraw the doe tag if I didn't draw the buck tag in 73. Rookie mistake I guess! I'll be hunting for a buck in 21 (leftover)and then heading south to try and fill my doe tag in 73-7. Can someone point me to the Casper Creek drainage? Can I assume where it shows Casper Creek on the nr unit map is where I will need to be? If that's the location, the WY antelope landowner map that I have shows that this is predominantly private. Am I off on the location for this tag? Thanks in advance?

Yes, the vast majority of that area east of CR 125 in that Casper Creek drainage is private land. However, I would bet that if you get the list of ranchers that allow access for a fee for bucks from the Casper G&F Office that you can probably find a rancher that will allow you access. Also, for a doe it will very possibly be free access. Just get the list and start calling.

Good info...Thanks again TOPGUN! I feel like I may owe you a consultant fee with all the information you've provided me! Very appreciative!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom